A manga where the cutest girl in my school might like me - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Dunno... I'm not sure... I think its just my mind, yeah

i saw a manga with the exact same premise lol

Double-page supporter
Hmmmm I really can’t tell if she likes him

(This needs to be serialized)

Dear God I hope nobody builds off confidence that the girl who made eye contact with him once loves him from this Manga.

@Icryalot I'll admit that feels like its aimed at folk with something like a social disability or the like. Because the characters in many very long romance manga/anime tend to just be so shocking incompetent at basic interactions.

All in all it's probably dragged out for the sake of a serialization. So you can have a fairly long running series with drama and cliffhangers. It's probably profitable and that's probably the reason for it.

Just seems weird. Not all shounen seems to be aimed at "virgin" demographic. But I do wonder what general romance is aimed at. I read a decent amount of it to pass the time but most just frustrates.

@beepboop1 I think the big issue is just the oversaturation of the genre that follows the same archtypes and plot. "Unattainable perfect" love interest that has some quirk that only mc sees or understands, followed by eventually confession but sudden have to move overseas and timeskip to when they come back/marriage etc. This is also present in shoujo style.

Edit: wait.. where was this conversation going originally?

Dex-chan lover
@beepboop1 I think usually these types of manga are aimed at newcomers who regularly introduced to manga, so it's still fresh for them. People who have been reading too many series like us most likely is outside of the target audience.

@Kuraiaku I'm not entirely sure about that. As introducing such manga to my gf and friends (who have no idea what a manga even is in many cases) tends to get the same general response. Which is why are these people so bad at basic human interactions? Why do they see basic stuff like hand holding, hugging and kissing as such a big deal?

It's not really about it being fresh or anything. Since such things are pretty odd if seen once but as a staple of the genre it's even worse.

Dex-chan lover
@beepboop1 Well, if they're already an adult who has a lot of experiences then it's a different matter then, what I mean by newcomers are for a new generation of kids who are still naïve. Shoujo are aimed at little girls/teenagers, you should've introduced them to adult-themed josei manga aimed at adult women. Kids tend to think very simply and easily entertained, I know a lot of manga/anime that I think was cool back then but after I rewatched it nowadays I found a lot of its flaws. Some series/shows might not be interesting or fun to some people doesn't mean it's not fun to someone else.

There's a reason manga is categorized into different target audiences, people outside the target audience might be alienated or find it unappealing. Imagine, for an elementary schoolgirl a scene with a couple holding hands might be seen very differently than us an adult, we might see it as something normal nothing new from it, but for them, it might seem very romantic.

NB: I'm not against innovation, some series do try to innovate and it's cool, but I also get why some choose the more stable path, only aiming to entertain a few niche audiences.

@Kuraiaku let's be honest here, teens wouldnt find handholding, kissing or hugging as such huge things.

Kids? Sure. Teens? I'm not too sure about that. Maybe a teen who suffers from social problems. Might just be a Japanese thing, and considering their plummeting birthrate that might be scarily accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread