A new user role of "Contributor" has been implemented following vandalism of Manga pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I remember Batoto gave free reign on this and not much happened. Some idiot from time to time, but nothing big.

Group Leader
Bit sceptical on whether this is actually the way to go, assuming this is supposed to be more than a temporary solution.
Applying the occasional ban or removing account specific edit permissions might be more efficient.
Actual trolls are the utter minority. And the occasional case of vandalism will usually be fixed by normal users rather quickly.
I think batoto had logs mods could check to see who changed what as well.

Miku best girl
Admin
The troll in question changed almost 100 manga entries (before I caught him and banned his IP)

Group Leader
The troll in question changed almost 100 manga entries (before I caught him and banned his IP)
Well, that's some impressive dedication the guy had.
Still, it's not exactly a frequent occurrence, is it?
So coming up with ways to improve response times might be better in the long run, me thinks.

Probably better use the aproach its being taken already partly, in my opinion: Only accounts with xx days can edit and leave the contributor for other things.

Contributor
I remember Batoto gave free reign on this and not much happened
Batoto had a different problem with the free reign edit button, many manga series tagged wrongly, such as Shounen manga being tagged as Seinen, Shoujo as a Josei, etc. based on pure misguided opinions when it is crysttal clear what definies the demographic of a given manga, the magazine / anthology it runs in; some series had outright tagging wars on this issue, with people never accepting a given series wasn't Seinen like they thought it should be and wouldn't listen to the contrary.

Yeah, as you say nothing important, Goukenmaru, just those small issues from time to time.

Batoto had a different problem with the free reign edit button, many manga series tagged wrongly, such as Shounen manga being tagged as Seinen, Shoujo as a Josei, etc. based on pure misguided opinions when it is crysttal clear what definies the demographic of a given manga, the magazine / anthology it runs in

Couldn't that be solved by adding a sub-tag option? Based on popular things and topics (i.e., isekai, mecha, sports, etc. ) and leave the demographics as permanent main tag?

Just thinking as I write...

I've always been confused why the demographics tags have been mixed in with the genre tags. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them separate? After all, demographics means the age group that the manga is targeting/the magazine it's running in, while the genre is about story content, yeah?

Miku best girl
Admin
I've always been confused why the demographics tags have been mixed in with the genre tags. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them separate? After all, demographics means the age group that the manga is targeting/the magazine it's running in, while the genre is about story content, yeah?

Agreed, I am thinking of separating the demographic tags from the rest.

Would be nice, if I can edit again. Bc it triggers me so hard whenever I see wrong categorization. And it would be nice, if I'm able to add those links again ˶⍤⃝˶ᵎᵎᵎ

Group Leader
Awesome. Glad this issue is resolved with my previous suggestion of logging edits no longer needed.

Dex-chan lover
banned his IP
You are a doge amongst men. The no rights until given approach is the right one in my opinion, but then I dunno what will give you less work but such vandalism is a major setback unless you have logs/undo shite?
E: Well, not sure about major setback if a hundred or so works are wrongly tagged etc. if there are a bunch of helpful community members online... Nevermind.

Contributor
Whoever it was, was on a mission. Petty actions to get revenge against petty people.

I suggest you lock down most things just in case one of the site "staff" do something to piss off someone else and they try to get revenge too.

Contributor
Can i be a contributor? will upload manga if i found in my old files.

Group Leader
Would it be possible to automatically grant edit rights on the titles you've added (just as with chapters)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread