A Parallel World With a 1:39 Male to Female Ratio Is Unexpectedly Normal - Ch. 149 - The Fourth Guard Student

Dex-chan lover
Despite the absurity of having three separate groups translate the same two chapters, I actually think this version has the best version of the English script. The words flow very naturally and sound native. My only concern is that it may be a tad oversimplified compared to the original Japanese if the other translations are any indication. Good chance I could be wrong though.

Supporter
I actually think this version has the best version of the English script. The words flow very naturally and sound native.
Absolutely not. This translation is incredibly awkward to read, and could only be mistaken for "naturally-flowing" or "native-sounding" by someone who either doesn't speak English very well or has read so many dogshit barely-edited MTLs and trashy ESL translations that their language skills have actually decayed. You sound like a friend or alt of the scanlator (attempted sniper) trying to get in early and stem the predicted deluge of readers commenting on how sloppy this translation is.

Dex-chan lover
Oh thank god, an actual translation.
"Y'all" is cringey enough on the internet as is, but seeing it thrown in the other translation caused me physical pain.
I've now read this chapter twice now (and this one with worse translations than Ecchi no Doujinshi), and frankly, the current situation in the story is cringey. Adding fuel to the cringe sells it better. Though I don't agree with your opinion about the word there anyway.

Besides, I can't speak about translation accuracy, but Japanese absolutely isn't all proper anyway. Having informal word usage is nicer.

Absolutely not. This translation is incredibly awkward to read, and could only be mistaken for "naturally-flowing" or "native-sounding" by someone who either doesn't speak English very well or has read so many dogshit barely-edited MTLs and trashy ESL translations that their language skills have actually decayed. You sound like a friend or alt of the scanlator (attempted sniper) trying to get in early and stem the predicted deluge of readers commenting on how sloppy this translation is.
All the translations are shit. For every thing one does right, it fucks up another. The only competition up until now was literal Google Translate Schlop. Every last one of these people is barely competent in the first place. Luigi has never understood things like "Context" and "Textual fidelity", so the guy goes for whatever translation comes to mind if you ignore the context of the situation. But at the same time, he re-writes the script to suit his retarded tastes. Meanwhile, this guy doesn't have enogh Japanese knowledge to correct the stiffness of his MTL.

I've now read this chapter twice now (and this one with worse translations than Ecchi no Doujinshi), and frankly, the current situation in the story is cringey. Adding fuel to the cringe sells it better. Though I don't agree with your opinion about the word there anyway.

Besides, I can't speak about translation accuracy, but Japanese absolutely isn't all proper anyway. Having informal word usage is nicer.
None of them are accurate. In fact, I think they all manage to uniquely fuck up each line. That's to say that I don't think any of them have all gotten a single line right simultaneously. One guy gets a line right, and the other two fuck it up.

Dex-chan lover
None of them are accurate. In fact, I think they all manage to uniquely fuck up each line. That's to say that I don't think any of them have all gotten a single line right simultaneously. One guy gets a line right, and the other two fuck it up.
Can you specify the correct lines from the 3/2 translations? Would like to combine the correct ones.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hey i didnt know that reading from multiple translations and comparing which one reads better would be kinda fun. I must be bored.

Can you specify the correct lines from the 3/2 translations? Would like to see the differences.
Luigi's first page is the closest to right (Minus the retarded "Don't y'all be bothering"). She really was scolding them for causing him trouble first thing in the morning. It's just that she used very standard, neutral Japanese to say it, while this guy decided she was actually a country hick.

Devyyy got the part about the sister deciding to be the guard closest to right. The line was something akin to a "It looks like it falls on to me, his sister, to protect Sou" She was relatively grandiose with her language.

The next line goes to Luigi(ish), since he does wonder why he's wearing the uniform, and he even corrects himself halfway through when saying what school it's from. But Luigi doesn't understand plurals and context in Japanese, so he only translated her as having one club.

Page 3? @Devvyy , The second line's a bit off, but the line was the infamous adjective bomb, which needs re-writing to make sense in English anyway.

Page 4 again goes to Devvy , with @luigiymario2 confusing やっば~ with やっぱ~ , (The "wow" that got turned into "I knew it"), likely due to how tiny the diacritic was.

Though Luigi gets credit for doing the last line in that page better. The term used was 非常識 which is something like "absurd" rather than "outrageous", but then while Devvyy used a better word, he phrased it worse.

Page 5, Sou telling her to go to college was a mixed bag. He was reassuring her that he'd be fine, then told her to go to college like normal instead of coming along.

I'll give Luigi's "rest assured" the win for the next line, since she spoke more formally, which needs more formal language in English to reflect it. I would have gone with "Worry not!", but that's just me.

The line about the credits goes straight to Luigi. Not only does it read better, it also clearly reflects how she said it in Japanese. Same for the next line. The exact wording is "出撃コスト重ッ", but now we're just getting into the weeds of what the exact perfect analogue is in English. Could it be done better? Maybe. But then I'd need to think about it more.

Page 6 goes to Luigi. No problems a quick scan alerted me to.
Uploader here, just to end the confusion here I uploaded these yesterday but mangadex takes over a day for the time you release something to upload it just to ensure it isn't spam or anything.

I've asked them to delete my chapters, good luck in the future.
Why though? :meguuusad:

Aggregator gang
Luigi's first page is the closest to right (Minus the retarded "Don't y'all be bothering"). She really was scolding them for causing him trouble first thing in the morning. It's just that she used very standard, neutral Japanese to say it, while this guy decided she was actually a country hick.

Devyyy got the part about the sister deciding to be the guard closest to right. The line was something akin to a "It looks like it falls on to me, his sister, to protect Sou" She was relatively grandiose with her language.

The next line goes to Luigi(ish), since he does wonder why he's wearing the uniform, and he even corrects himself halfway through when saying what school it's from. But Luigi doesn't understand plurals and context in Japanese, so he only translated her as having one club.

Page 3? @Devvyy , The second line's a bit off, but the line was the infamous adjective bomb, which needs re-writing to make sense in English anyway.

Page 4 again goes to Devvy , with @luigiymario2 confusing やっば~ with やっぱ~ , (The "wow" that got turned into "I knew it"), likely due to how tiny the diacritic was.

Though Luigi gets credit for doing the last line in that page better. The term used was 非常識 which is something like "absurd" rather than "outrageous", but then while Devvyy used a better word, he phrased it worse.

Page 5, Sou telling her to go to college was a mixed bag. He was reassuring her that he'd be fine, then told her to go to college like normal instead of coming along.

I'll give Luigi's "rest assured" the win for the next line, since she spoke more formally, which needs more formal language in English to reflect it. I would have gone with "Worry not!", but that's just me.

The line about the credits goes straight to Luigi. Not only does it read better, it also clearly reflects how she said it in Japanese. Same for the next line. The exact wording is "出撃コスト重ッ", but now we're just getting into the weeds of what the exact perfect analogue is in English. Could it be done better? Maybe. But then I'd need to think about it more.

Page 6 goes to Luigi. No problems a quick scan alerted me to.

Why though? :meguuusad:
I didn't have any intention to pick up the series, I just wanted to give it a try since it seems like no one else was. Like I said, when you first upload something with no group the staff will take a day or two to check it to ensure it's not trolling or spam or anything. So while I uploaded them yesterday, luigy's got posted while they were in that review process, and thus I asked mine to be taken down. My japanese isn't very good as you've seen, but I did have a lot of fun editing and writing. When I've gotten more confident in my JP skill I'll probably look for some series that's long been abandoned.

Dex-chan lover
insert crying baby noises

Imagine being this offended by people translating something you're also translating. The audacity! How dare they?!
Who cares if it's already being translated by someone? Who cares if it's MTL? Japanese is a hard language, people have to start somewhere.

I wonder how many potential translators y'all have scared off with your toxic entitlement hidden behind "etiquette". To anyone complaining: I hope your favorite abandoned manga stays abandoned forever, lol.

@Devvyy I've read worse MTLs. While it's certainly not the best, it's good enough to read and only idiots would demand perfection from someone just starting out. Don't let these idiots kill your motivation. If you want to TL, TL.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
insert crying baby noises

Imagine being this offended by people translating something you're also translating. The audacity! How dare they?!
Who cares if it's already being translated by someone? Who cares if it's MTL? Japanese is a hard language, people have to start somewhere.

I wonder how many potential translators y'all have scared off with your toxic entitlement hidden behind "etiquette". To anyone complaining: I hope your favorite abandoned manga stays abandoned forever, lol.

@Devvyy I've read worse MTLs. While it's certainly not the best, it's good enough to read and only idiots would demand perfection from someone just starting out. Don't let this idiots kill your motivation. If you want to TL, TL.
Ah it's nothing like that, I just thought it would be fun while waiting for the actual group, who's now here. If anything I'm more motivated than ever to start doing this as a hobby, but I'll wait until I'm somewhat fluent in JP first.

Users who are viewing this thread