A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
@Nk9bjP4A
I wonder what exactly is a barbarian. In reality, barbarians don't really exist. Isn't it simply a word applied to people that are stereotyped as being inferior? Comics and movies tend to have face paint on their "barbarians" and make them talk in broken English, to make them look like aborigines.
Actually that part is correct. "Barbarian" is a greek word that means "people that doesn't speak greek", as in "they do strange sounds like bahr bahr".
The Romans used that word in reference of strangers, like, as they already said, the Goths.

just to trigger some extra people, i do not refute the possible existence of a higher sentient being in general yet, god as presented by popular religions is refutable by the average 12 year old with current education levels.

Dex-chan lover
@thomiozo
just to trigger some extra people, i do not refute the possible existence of a higher sentient being in general yet, god as presented by popular religions is refutable by the average 12 year old with current education levels.

Any logical person would have a similar view. Even if they don't believe in the gods of the popular religion, at the very least they should allow for the possibility of a higher power if they just look at the beautiful and complex world around us, even microscopically.

As for the God of the Bible being refuted by a 12 year old, I say that's a common misconception. Whether it's historically, archaeologically, and even scientifically, the Bible has been correct on all accounts. There is a lot of research in this area, so if you're actually interested, look at both sides of the argument because there is a lot of bias.

As for scientifically accurate, I guess the statement that there are no unscientific views found is better. For example, hygienically, the clean foods chosen or kosher foods are all healthy foods to eat. A women being unclean during her period and how to keep infection to a minimum is included. There are statements in the Bible including the spherical nature of the Earth thousands of years ago and even the fact that God "holds the world on nothing", indicating that the Earth is a celestial body rather than just land that looks up.

Dex-chan lover
@Ibri But in expressing it this way, he's forcing his belief onto others that it's a fairytale by proxy.

If those who disagree dont respond to him, then he's won by default, and forced his opinion.

If he really just wanted to neutrally express it, he could've said opinion. Instead he chose "fairytale" as a provocation.

@firosahoge

There's called the Gambler's Proof, in that if you're a gambling man, you'll believe in a religion, simply because there's no loss in not believing.

There's also an argument based in Aesthetics (as the philosophy), for proof of a supreme being.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun interesting. I like what you said. In the end, I think the point of this fiasco is to respect others' beliefs, and to that end I can improve as well. Discussions and disagreements are encouraged as long as people are respectful, which some people clearly aren't because they "know" they're right.

Users who are viewing this thread