A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 1 Ch. 39

Turns out some people get really protective over wanting to have a monopoly over posting someone else's copyrighted work ?
The more chapters that get released, the better for the readers. Get over yourselves lmao

Snipe this, the right to translate that, the morals of immoral behavior, trolls, do you want them to stop giving us free things?
Guess what if the author did make it free as some are saying then it can, to a minor extent pending further research, be considered as open source and is open for all to use for expression.
If Meraki is worried about having a place to post chapters where no one can "snipe" by posting chapters of the same work maybe they should create their own site to post their work on instead of a shared site... Oh wait... they already did that. It just so happens they advertise the chapter on Mangadex before releasing it.
This chat is full of platforms arguing their side and not listening to the reasoning the others have. One group sees that it is right for all sides to have equal access and "rights" another group only sees their entitlement to free entertainment and the desire to protect it and more seem to strongly feel their imagined ownership is real because they are passionate and put work into sharing art they contributed to. Just because what you are feeling makes sense for the situation/thoughts you are having does not mean that you are right. That is not how the world works. Unless the real owner of the work gave Meraki the exclusive rights there is nothing wrong with anyone else posting it. If the title on MangaDex were "Meraki's interpretation/scanlation of A Returner's Magic Should Be Special" it would be different, (separate runs of the same manga have been done by groups to emphasize different perspectives) but that is not the case here. You can try to create rules, unless you have the authority to enforce them no one will obey them. Or you can try lashing out and trolling to shame people into complying to your world views, however I thought as a society we have spent decades trying to argue that is not an appropriate way to treat humans. The toxicity of a community will do more damage than someone posting a chapter showing their own interpretations, which they can post however they want regardless of how you feel they should be allowed to express themselves. Quit pretending you viewers have the right to decide who has access to these works of art. Stop pretending moral high grounds to force segregation of resources.

Dex-chan lover
Man the salt here is real over one chapter, y'all need to learn to chillllll.

Freaking people having a seizure over here, typing walls of words.

Group Leader
Overall I'd agree with all y'all said if it was indeed just someone bored doing it for fun, but it's not.
As I said before it's someone pretending to be someone else on an alt sniping to try to fuck with meraki out of spite, the lack of effort put into the editing shows that as well as the fact they obviously had previous scanlation experience for the fact they merged webtoon pages into just a few which is something rate even for veteran groups.

I'm out tho since y'all seem to fail to realize that simple fact. It's a dude pretending to be someone doing it out of good will to "train". Just look at the creation of all their accounts (they were all made yesterday) even though they had knowledge of platforms, scanlation and the ways to publish it effectively.

Then there is @Filipe still trying to attack someone else with only personal opinion to drive its views. Yes you have an attatchement because you felt you gave the rights to Meraki, except you did not have the right to give the rights away. Jump in a shower to remove the salt. It does not matter

Group Leader
I didn't give them the "rights" I gave them the staff and my own trust that they'd keep doing it consistently as I did. What are you talking about? Whenever I say something similar to that that's what I mean... Obviously.
Regarding the snipe, I'm not salty, I'm not involved in the process, it's just interesting how uninformed about who's doing it and why y'all are and how naive you guys are to believe someone with this method.
Also. What personal opinion did I give other than state the facts of what the person did more accurately. Such as the use of alts and the attempt at pretending to not know about sniping amongst other stuff.

Group Leader
Why would that be an idiot thing to do? If it's something we enjoy and is interesting as well? You're reading manga too aren't you? Otherwise why would you be here?

This is art on a shared release platform. They have a right to express their artistic interpretation. If they have to hide behind a mask it is evidence of the harmful toxicity in the community.

Dex-chan lover
ya'll are literally making this a much bigger issue than it really is lmao

Dex-chan lover
@Xike
Not necessarily. Scanlators who are doing the considerable work for free, as a hobby and as training, are only humans. They need their motivation, which isn't coming from money like when people do usual work for living. Now, I have never worked in a scanlation group, but back in the day when anime fansubbing was still more prevalent, I did some work there. I'd say I was happy knowing people downloaded and watched the eps I worked on. To make this speech a bit more relevant, our group picked shows that weren't necessarily the most mainstream ones, and thus might have been left unsubbed otherwise. There are plenty of manga that has never been translated or ended up dropped and unfinished by one or more groups. So, it might be better for us, the readers, if free people capable of translating adopted one of those instead of a series already being translated.

And it goes back to who gets to use what resource. It would be better for the reader, does not make it right to tell them they cannot or should not express themselves the way they want. Only the owner of the original art, through legal means, can control who has the RIGHT to reproduce the work. If it is open to everyone, than everyone has the right to produce their own interpretations however they see fit. You want to control it, pay for the domain and control who can post what in there.

Power Uploader
If you're gonna snipe, at least try to make your editing not trash.

edit: I have been told by someone I think is from Meraki that this Filipe guy is from another group and not Meraki. Well what I decided doesn't change but I want to make it clear that this weirdo guy commenting isn't actually in Meraki. Thanks for the correction.

After this really poor reaction from Meraki I have dropped my intention to do 41. It is a shame but did not expect them to do all these petty conspiracy theories and comments which make them look bad to their supporters including myself. So I don't want to deal with them. I was hoping you would skip the chapter I did or ask to use my work as a base with no compensation but crediting my reddit but instead you all do this. I was a solo translator. This conspiracy accusation and derailing threads is rude and makes you look poor. And of course I would make new accounts to post translations since it is a grey area to post but not to read and comment about. It took me maybe 4-5 hours which is not surprising I feel. You can believe it was some jealous scanlator group if you want, it only hurts your trust in the community to fantasize about enemies in your competition not me. Idk what to say other than thank you for chapter 40 which I will go read right now

@Filipe I don't really care anymore how you react but I will say this. If you believe this was someone else you know and blame or attack them for it you are pathetic and attacking someone not involved at all while also attacking a bored fan who tried scanlating for the first time. It's sad and it will only hurt your group, but you can do what you want I guess. And of course I merged the pages are you dumb. Who would want to keep track of so many tiny images and do them all individually.

@kah0922 Sorry but I was in a big rush to finish so Meraki would hopefully not have started any of 39 before I could post so there is no redundant work. But then they decided not to skip 39 so it didn't matter in the end

Group Leader
Lmao this is still ongoing?

Get over it people, Meraki scan doesn't even care since the sniping is of shit quality anyway lmao

Users who are viewing this thread