A Royal Princess with Black Hair - Ch. 22

Since I like the manwha I found the queen's joke extremely well thought out, and a very good step for the continuo.

But. . . if I put myself in Yurishen's point of view, this would be a real tragedy. She DOES NOT love the prince (by now I don't even remember his name, it's just Caramel) nor does she want to become his queen.

Everyone saying "oh, poor prince, it's so sad because she wants a divorce while he's now realizing he's starting to love her".

But if all of us were in Blackie's place, who had to abandon everything she had left behind for an absolutely uncertain future with no certainty of happiness (the prince could have been a huge violent and traitorous piece of sh*t and she would have had to marry him anyway)... who cares about the feelings of the prince, the king and the whole kingdom.
I'd be the only one losing out if i was forced to love someone I didn't choose for myself.
In the end i might even learn to feel affection for him, but. . . I could never, ever love him, because you can't control love. That is why I would gladly step on anyone's feelings, in order to guarantee MY happiness first of all.

The prince obviously likes her, but he will probably keep quiet about that for awhile.

@Lucrecia
You know these stories, she will fall in love with him before long and not want the engagement to be cancelled, the prince might want to cancel it in consideration by that time though. Just guessing here.
I do sympathize with the princess but people probably sympathize with the prince because he is way nicer than the princess.
For some reason, I doubt she has someone she loves back home, so she probably just wants to go back home for now.

@Eclipse616
It did not justify her hate at the beginning.
He hated it as much as she did.
I mean, she is under the impression that they both want to cancel the engagement, but she still hates him, her constant hate is not justified, the one who forced the engagement is the king, no?

Aggregator gang
LMAO karyuels poor mom is probably so happy for them but their brains are filled with divorce

Aggregator gang
HAHAHAHA
I think that backfired XD
It's going to be hard to ask for a divorce now~~ HAHAHAHA

@Mizumachi
I certainly hope not. It would be a forcing that would ruin the whole beautiful story written so far. . . For once I would like to see a prince sweating his fateful "seven shirts" to conquer his beloved, and not the usual, very boring opposite.

P.S. It doesn't seem to me that Yurishen particularly hates the prince. She doesn't love him and that's for sure, and she has no reason to behave sweetly and passionately with someone who wants to leave behind as soon as possible. But other than that, their relationship seems to me more like an easygoing friendship than a one-sided hate.
If it was two guys, theirs would have been considered a good friendship for sure. Only there is a habit of considering a man and a woman incapable of being friends, and either there is love or there is hate. A middle ground is never contemplated.

The way she felt the emotion of the late concubine since she might end up like her to marry someone she didn’t love :(((

@Lucrecia
What is this about there being no middle ground? You just said the princess doesn't love him but doesn't particularly hate him, I would like for you to explain that cause I got lost there.
Can you specify exactly what you are hoping not to happen? I can more or less guess's, but I am not sure. I believe the princess has been a big jerk to someone who shares the same goal(well, the prince doesn't seem to actually want to cancel the engagement). I believe the prince might too considerate, he won't force someone to marry, so the assertiveness should come from the one who tried to antagonize the prince all this time. Well, I might be wrong big time here. The prince might go selfish mode once he realizes his feelings and tell her that he won't let go, but I don't see his character doing something that cruel. He might do that once he realizes her feeling(though she definitely doesn't like him now).
This princess is a big nut to crack.
By the way, you like stories where the ml has to work hard to get the girl, right? It reminds me of one where a Duke realizes he fucked up big time and has to work his ass off to get the trust from his "contract wife"(what they agreed on at first). The Duke really deserves the karma, but the prince hasn't done anything that makes me believe he should go through that. Although he is an errand boy rn lel.
Sorry for the long comment though.

poor caramel, but you see here he actually understands her feeling of wanting to annul the engagement.

Aggregator gang
This is a manwha, let the things be the things
I wouldn't necessarily say Caramel likes her, but mores likes how she works and how she deals with stuff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Mizumachi I'm not sure you read the same first chapters as me to be saying he was nice to her all along. Cause what I remember is two people who didnt even wanna see eachother but okay sure.

Also did she call him names? Bribe him? Force him to do something he doesn't want? Bullied him? Then I don't really understand being a "big jerk". I sometimes am playful pretending to be mean with my friends and even my boyfriend and they do the same to me and you don't see anyone crying over it.

@uMoonlight
If you compare him to her, she is the bigger jerk and she is the one who started the whole fight instead of having a peaceful alliance with the goal of cancelling the engagement. He wasn't a jerk, unless reacting negatively to her annoying attitude is being a jerk.
You can be playful with your friends or boyfriend, I do that too, however, they are not friends, she even says at the end of this chapter that it was unfortunate(not sure if those were the exact words) to have met him. I mean, her attitude is annoying, but I have seen worse I guess.
I might be wrong here, but do you think Blackie considers him a friend?
I will say this though, maybe the prince never intended to cancel the engagement, he never did say his intentions, in which case, it would be easier to tolerate the mc for retaliating against a force that wants make her suffer.
I agree that she wasn't that big of a jerk, but a jerk nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread