A Royal Princess with Black Hair - Ch. 24

Contributor
These haters on here are so hilarious. A teenage romcom with two tsunderes who insist that they will never get married and contrived situations that always put them in the same boat . Like that's hasn't been around for *centuries*.

Aggregator gang
@Mizumachi if blackie faked the cheating scandal she would come out of it much worse off than Karyuel would. I highly doubt this society treats men and women equally. If she faked it then they'd call her a cheating whore or something, she'd bring shame upon her family and kingdom and everyone would be like "How could she do that to the crown prince?! What a slut she is! She has the most perfect fiance AND YET SHE CHEATS" But if Karyuel cheated then I the only real backlash would be from his parents because they seem to have a good head on their shoulders. That's all lol that's why i just suggested Karyuel do it cuz it would be less damage for both of them yanno

@cherokeemoon
True. Karyuel won't go through with that though. He probably doesn't want to be known as a cheater. Why not come clean and say you don't want to marry? It might work more than whatever else. The faking a cheating scandal might not work my much if Caramel did it, like you said, there is a difference in treatment between genders, so they will probably let it slide since he is the next king, well, depending on his parents. We both know none of these scenarios will play out(you know, ml and fl will be together in the end lel) though, probably.

I know that everyone is hating on the maid but if the princess has decided to run away with her lover the maid would have been the one to get killed and her family too, it's just that's how things are in that period of time
Thanks for the chapters ♥♥

@DarkLordAlfie When she's outright lied she's done so for good reason out of consideration for others including things like pretending to be weaker out of consideration for her brother or not reporting the crazy stalker twin, lying about a lover in her homeland would also invite the kind of diplomatic trouble the first concubine ran into in the first place. Or even the princess act she puts on for everyone except Caramel in order to keep up her image. That's the same thing she's doing here in regards to the rings, lying to protect the feelings or out of considerations for others. You also have to take into account the enthusiasm and gusto she used to brute force her way into this contest in the first place, so that only makes it all the more awkward to back out and reveal she was doing it for the complete opposite reasons of the competition in the first place. You really are just overthinking this as you said, because it's totally natural for some people to not always think about it, especially when they're not the one dealing with the situation, and simply just react and this is a reaction I think is totally in keeping with her character.

Aggregator gang
@Mizumachi TRUE HAHA they'll definitely end up together. I think it would be cool though if the engagement actually got cancelled and then they realized that they like each other from being apart but whatevvvaaa 😂

HAHAHA. God I want that previous king to suffer some kind of karma for what he put his daughter and her first love through. Alas I must satisfy myself with the Caramel x Princess Alliance.

I'm surprised the Empress doesn't see any parallels between the concubine and Blackie. Why does she assume that those two (will come to) love each other? She knows her son's stance on women, at least, doesn't she?

Calling it: the dude that can do magic and is pulling the strings behind the narcissist daughter of the duke, is actually the child of the first concubine and the mage. Or maybe he IS the mage, and has retained his youth. Either way, he now plans revenge of taking down the empire's monarchy because they kept his lover (or mother, if it was the other scenario with him as the son) captive.

If it's the son, it may be more along the lines that he was born in secret, and is vindictive that though he was born of royal blood he is not in line for the throne. So by keeping the prince from marriage and relationships, it brings criticism on Caramel as the 'crown prince' because he's not fulfilling his duties. I believe they mentioned that particular criticism from the nobles in the beginning, part of the reason the king pushed for the engagement. In a plan to bring down the prince and appeal to those that oppose the royal family, the mage is trying to de-credit him? Or maybe to install his puppet, the duke's daughter, closer to the prince to then kill him.

In any case, I think the concubine's lover has some relation to that mage antagonist, what with the similar colored hair. And magic.

Damm, they shoot him right in the head, with blood... so brain damage? How could you save him when a arrow going though his skull? Man, I wish i have healing magic or something like that...

The fact that the empress saw her friend go through the pain of being forced into a marriage and acts in this way makes me dislike her even tho she's prob supposed to be a nice mother figure.

@shinrakvsa same. Like, what’s your aim in sharing all of this? You pitied the concubine, befriended her, & are now telling a 16 yr old in a similar position the story of the past for...what purpose...? What’s the message you’re trying to send & how exactly are you trying to influence the protag/your own son?? The more I think about it, the less I like her. 😐

Yahh is this queen crazy narcissist or something??? You knew what the concubine had to go through and now you're making your child going through the sane thing????

I JUST CAN'T BRAIN THIS

ngl if i were the princess i would’ve smacked the shit out of the maid that not only snitched but asked me if i wanted the flowers my crush almost got KILLED for. if I’m going to the empire I might as well leave with a bang and end the bitch who ruined my life and didn’t feel sorry 🤷🏽

Am I the only one that has the tact of a meteorite and would have said "bestow me a divorce? oh btw amazing way to impose yourself unto others huh?"

Users who are viewing this thread