A Single Aristocrat Enjoys a Different World: The Graceful Life of a Man Who Never Gets Married - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Loner Noble Gives Love Advice

Dex-chan lover
Looks at the "complainer's" request vs this guy..... the only thing I notice is a slight lack of detail mentioning what you could to fix something and that's expecting a little much from your customers. That's like a game dev telling gamers to fix the problem yourself cause they couldn't be assed

Literally for the hair dryer make a battery pack for all the components beyond the heating and air, and then connect a wire to the blower part to make it lighter. Or make something designed to do a stylist's job to blow your hair. Or have all the components in a block and have an air tube that people can direct over their head. Who says you have to stick to the design of a hair dryer.

For the stoves you can quite literally use some gears to fix the problem of hard to use dials. But again who says you need all the components in the thing, can't you have it all connected with wires like electric stove??

For the too big of a fridge, same thing, but I have a feeling they are doing the dumb thing of cooling everything instead of having the cooling components on the top so the cold would fall... just me?

Literally this man's career would be made way easier if he made wires that'd work in magic tools... I also have a feeling they aren't using interchangable parts for the more common bits

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Looks at the "complainer's" request vs this guy..... the only thing I notice is a slight lack of detail mentioning what you could to fix something and that's expecting a little much from your customers. That's like a game dev telling gamers to fix the problem yourself cause they couldn't be assed
From what I recall, a lot of the things she was saying were more like 'redo the entire device to be more convenient', rather than just 'this would be a nice alternate option to have for it if possible'.

Dex-chan lover
from what i know bladed grinders aren't the best for coffee grinding, since the grounds you end up with will be very uneven (unless you're smashing it down to dust, which isn't the best grind size for brewing anything other than turkish coffee)
and uneven grounds will end up making a cup that tastes kind of pale, harsh, or bitter.

Dex-chan lover
Coffee shop owner is suddenly very knowledgeable about blade design and how it affects heat transfer with friction, but doesn't know that metals have no smell...
Metals definitely can have a smell and taste, it's just not usually an issue due to stainless steel being pretty non reactive. That said, if they don't have modern stainless steel, I'd imagine rust could be an issue, or whatever else from the rough usage of a grinder.

Dex-chan lover
Coffee shop owner is suddenly very knowledgeable about blade design and how it affects heat transfer with friction, but doesn't know that metals have no smell...
All of my grandma's tableware had both a bad metallic smell and taste. Then again, they're probably twice or three times as old as I am, and I'm almost 30.

I remember eating yogurt or ice cream with those spoons and how nasty it was :worry:

Dex-chan lover
comparing the quality of this to the previous chapter this is much better with whatever tool you used

Dex-chan lover
From what I recall, a lot of the things she was saying were more like 'redo the entire device to be more convenient', rather than just 'this would be a nice alternate option to have for it if possible'.
It's like the diference between "constructive critique" and "complaining/whining" you'd see in most game forums, most are in the second camp and think that they are giving constructive critique but when it comes down to it it's more or less them saying "games broken, fix your sh*t" which isn't constructive in any shape or form.

Dex-chan lover
I don't like the front half of this chapter. It feels like the author is foreshadowing what this MC's romantic partner will be like, when I'm reading this series specifically because he's not interested in romantic relationships.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Uh oh, his imagined wife has a hairstyle dangerously similar to the nosy neighbor. Not 100%, but both have straight hair that breaks to wavy, and both have a braid band, though the neighbor's is in back with a band up top vs just a braid up top. Definitely feels like we're due for the series to go that way at some point though, now.

WRT scan quality though, this was fine. Looking back on it I can definitely see a bit of upscaling artifacts, but when I read through it I just honestly thought they were higher resolution raws than you typically used. Do whatever you need to to make it look good, imo.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the love advice of someone who is single by choice due to preference really should be taken with a grain or two of salt. He seems to assume a lot about Eith after meeting him only once. His advice just proves that he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the love advice of someone who is single by choice due to preference really should be taken with a grain or two of salt. He seems to assume a lot about Eith after meeting him only once. His advice just proves that he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body.
And he probably realizes it to some extent, which is why he's so adamant about why people should not be asking him for advice. He simply assumed that about Eith, and in the end he just prattled out his own preferences. Not that I don't sympathize with some of what he said. There's still a fine line between a healthy distance, and being so needy and demanding, that it's suffocating for the partner.

Given his lifestyle and what he just described, MC can be defined as a form of introvert; he interacts for what is necessary, keeps his close circles small, and values his alone-time to center himself. He's wary of relationships, whether friends or intimate, because he doesn't like being overwhelmed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread