A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 41 - Christmas (8)

dang unfortunate, normally one is supposed to see if shuli is okay before jumping in and punching the prince who totally deserved that.

i hope this brings back her suspicions of him and makes her put a thick wall between them

Aggregator gang
and that is what she gets for going alone to a mostly deserted place with a young man of high status, even if any of this have happened it would instigue rumors about her, sometimes i dont know what is she thinking.

I'm confused. Wasn't shuli supposed to be at least somewhat proficient at court maneuvering from protecting the kids the first time through? They suggested she was quite intelligent in the first few chapters, though the emphasized her learning curve. But I mean come on she should know what the palace is like why on earth did she go somewhere ALONE with the prince to begin with?!?! He freaking confessed to her she should not have gone anywhere with him and definitely not alone.

@NoSoup
If there was a way to upvote comments, I would!
That's pretty much my exact reaction.

uhhhh, also nice victim blaming in the comments for 'that's what she deserves' for just talking to a person she felt safe with in a LIBRARY.

I had a bad day and had hoped for wholesome family momemts...now this left me feeling worse than before 😭😭😭

B-but what about Jeremys dance with Ohara? Poor girl
And yeah, gotta join the chorus of other voices here that call this situation out

The prince planned this entire thing. He probably is gonna make Shuli feel indebted to him. FUCKKKKKKKKKK

Fucking priest,bet he's the one that tipped the guards cause he has it out for Shuli and wants to destroy her life

@Karakuri1812
they r going to use this incident as a proof that he was actually trying to assassinate and
well u know the other family is royal and they can just say u were trying to assassinate when they actually weren't
and everyone will believe the royal's words
in a nutshell,
the facts would be that
1) shuli, jeremy and that douchebag were together in the library alone
2) jeremy punched the trashyprince

MADEUP: now that prince will say i was hurt(?) maybe bcz jeremy DID punch him
tho ofc u wont die from a punch but he can just make up lies that he actually intended to kill him
like maybe using a knife or his sword? the thing is he is the crown prince and his words will be believed as the truth
so the the general public or outsiders, jeremy tried to assassinate the crown prince
which is undoubtely a SUPER DUPER serious crime

as for the soldiers and why they assumed so,
i guess u can see now the crown prince planned all this
he brought shuli , tampered with ladder maybe (?) or maybe that was also accidental
but the soldiers were definitely timed and they were a part of the plan too
that's why they immediately announced that he was trying to assassinate

MY THEORY(ies):-

also from @zeeMoonChild's comment
it's still not sure whether or not that douchebag planned that jeremy would actually follow shuli
but assuming that he didnt plan that then maybe he was actually gonna capture shuli? maybe not if he had a secret sign to deploy the guards outside?
but i think he actually did want to capture shuli
remember what the black man said ?" PROTECT ur mother"
so it actually has more of a chance that he actually didnt plan jeremy intruding as the black cloaky person said "things are going to become interesting" makes it seem like he actually just showed up and showed jeremy the way and was not a part of the plan ,maybe he is a person who actually has something to do with shuli's reincarnation?

okay so i also surfed a few past chapters
in this chapter, the crown prince said that he is receiving excessive love from the empress and who would dare to "decipher " her deep heart
i think maybe it means something like the crown prince is indebted to her? and he has to follow her "orders" tho decipher is ruining me a bit but whatever.

in the previous chapter it also happened that the empress was saying "doesnt she become more interesting the more u see her?"
and that "isnt it like she came back to life"
she was talking about the late empress, the current crown prince's original mother who idont remember how died, well the previous empress dying is definitely a mystery, it was also mentioned that the previous empress was very free kinda like an independent strong woman and she was more than just a puppet wife, she probably had power and was gaining(?) more , which was something that is detested in this society, she probably died bcz of this reason and it was definitely the church, powerful independent women must not be their thing. they were also creating trouble with the christmas thing when they didnt do it in the previous lifetime,
definitely the butterfly effect bcz of shuli.

i dont think the new empress has a hand in this, she's probably a side person but i cannot be sure bcz of what the crown prince said.

and yea that's that i think , i could probably open previos chapters
but lol i have thought enough , not interested anymore lol.
this trap just caught me off guard tho so i started thinking a lot.
damn just noticed this is pretty long xD

EDIT: sorry if ur trying to scroll to see other comments hmmm.. no im still pretty interested i guess
2nd part would be assuming that the prince actually did expect jermey but i think it really doesnt change anything cause unless he brought someone of high ranking position, jeremy could be accused instead of shuli , the future heir in trouble, doent really change anything, the family goes downhill no matter who gets caught shuli or jeremy

LOL seeing other comments make me think i left and dint account for a loooooot of things hmmmmm.....
i could probably write a hypothesis on this whole conspiracy xD

Dex-chan lover
@doneprone I dunno, man, seems like a Pepe Silvia tier theory. It would require the prince to know beforehand that Jeremy would go out of his way to follow him and Shuli, that the ladder will break in a very convenient way that will cause him to fall on her, that Jeremy would witness this and that he would fly into a fit of rage. That's a lot of things to assume.

Pepe_Silvia.jpg

@Reimos
True but I don't doubt it for a second that the prince won't use it to pressure Shuli while looking like a savior.

Double-page supporter
You know, maybe you need to live a third life to finally not be a fucking useless tool, Shuli?

Users who are viewing this thread