A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 43 - Guardian (2)

@SapphireDemon

unfortunately there's a small but substantial flaw in your line of thinking.
This, although there is the "mysterious" element of Shuli's reincarnation, is a semhistoric manwha, not an isekai fantasy, set - I suppose - by the style and names of the characters in a hypothetical German empire at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, where the noble rules are strictly observed and there are no loopholes.
The princes married the princesses of the other kingdoms to cement political and military unions, and perhaps only in their second marriage could they afford to take an interest in noble ladies such as duchesses, marchionnesses or countesses at most (under these titles the marriage was already beginning to smell of morganatic, and the crown was at risk).

This, in short, means that a widow with a low noble title (Shuli was the daughter of an anonymous country squire before becoming a marquise by marriage) can never, ever become a future queen, especially of first marriage to the crown prince, not even if the Lord's blessing came down to give his approval.

The prince probably already has a future spouse from another empire or kingdom written in stone, and with Shuli he has no chance... except to make her a mistress - and thus completely ruin her reputation, because unlike the French court, the German and English ones were much more puritanical: the lovers were there anyway, but nobody talked about them or had to talk about them.

Nora tried to support Shuli as much as he can but he also gave her space because he knows she's having a hard time. Yes Jeremy! face that little spoiled crown prince who plotted everything for his own benefit just to get Shuli

Aggregator gang
Prince alienated two future heads of two powerful noble houses. I see his head in a basket beside a guillotine in the future

Since it’s looking like Shuli plans to say she and Johann never consummated their marriage (which would have been unsettling omg) and use that as justification for why she’s unqualified to lead the house...

....how the heck does that logic pan out? Even if she’s ineligible, her son still hit the prince. And can’t they just say the house has a spare heir in the second son? I’m looking forward to the trial bc I’m hoping it’ll reveal some info (from Nürnberg maybe) on Johann’s reason for choosing her at all, AND I’m hoping it’ll out the prince’s true nature at least a little bit so Nora can finally feel like he has a place to belong to at home

Double-page supporter
I AM CRYING. Shuli deserves HAPPINESS, DAMNIT. Nora, please, grow up quickly and help her! She's strong, so strong, but she can't be strong all the time. I'm dead.

Thank you for the update!

WTF with this weird thing. Does she really believe the kids hate her so much that if she lost the title, Jeremy would boot her out of the house and back into poverty? They're still children, they still need her, and as head of the house he'd be perfectly able to keep her around one way or another.

Group Leader
Ye no, Jeremy cannot take over the house. There’s another way she just has to find it

@NoraDaimio I don't think it bodes well for their family if they insist on keeping around a deposed noble after she admits to failing to uphold her part as the wife of a nobleman ("effort to build a family"). If she continues to live in the house it will look like she lied (because if she really didn't make an effort, her children wouldn't want her in the house) and the royal family may find it unredeemable for them to house her anyway (her actions caused insult to the royal family, how dare she get off so lightly and remain in a house she has no relation to and live above her station...blabla)

I don't think any house could take her in except for the royal family, because to do so would show that they disagree with the ruling, which means that they are publicly disagreeing with the Empress.

Dex-chan lover
@NgọcTrai

With due respect, while it isn't disprove your observations, Shuli is totally defenseless in that circumstances. She is a lone, untrained and halfway under custody of the prince, who is trained as a soldier, hold vastly higher social status, and have guards as his disposal. He can also easily forced guards to falsely testify in his defense, or even forcefully cover up anything that could ever happen in that library, which is undoubtedly his territory. While he act too hastily and didn't consider consequences, Jeremy had witness a scenario that could justify his immediate conclusion.

@strangerquefuir

I don't know the details but she implied in last chapter that 'duel of honour' is a way out of this, but it would require the son to be the head of the house. In other words, divorce is just a mean to obtain path to solution, and can't do anything on it own.

Only my boy Nora has rights hshsndukdbrnehek these two other boys be all angry and angty but my boy really be all soft and adorable please 😭💖💖💖 (I love you jeremy but u r a son, and crown prince is weird af)

On a non-auntie note, Im always amazed by how this story is empowering to women. By making the males "powerless" (due to their youth), there would be no "knight in shining armor" plot device here. No, the plot will only move depending on how Shuli reacts and decides, and that is why Im still here. Go Shuli!!! Im rooting for you lol then when everythings done... please marry my boy Nora and Nora only

Double-page supporter
Its been a while since i saw the name of the nation...but for gods sake, it literally translates to "The Emperor Empire Empire."

Shit both Empress and Crown Prince are so low, petty and manipulative that you would think they're actually flesh and blood related... great idea taking care of the Lions after freaking treating to cut the heir hand, genius.

Users who are viewing this thread