A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 47 - Guardian (6)

Double-page supporter
Really pisses me off all over again that she sacrificed her youth, her reputation, and even any chance at love, for her loyalty to her dead husband and then she just conveniently dies un-thanked in a ditch in her previous life. Did the kids even realize how much she tried to protect them? I wish to see their reaction in the previous life to finding out she was driven out on his wedding day only to die in the carriage leaving. On second thought, no, I feel like that would really trigger me.

@Mojo Based on the very first chapter, they did (at the very least, Rachel did), but by then it was too late and the damage was done. Shuli already shut herself off in favor of fulfilling her promise to Johann.

Fed-Kun's army
Incredible quality and translation improvement from the previous chapter, Haevn Scans - thank you!

Shuli is so impressive. I very much admired how she handled both the Count and Madam of the Reicher house so gracefully. Winning the knight's respect is the important cherry on the cake, as I'm sure he'll become a strong supporter and ally for her now. May she not always need to stand on her own strength forever!

@Mojo

Yes, from their perspectives, the kids felt really betrayed by their dad marrying a younger woman almost at the same age as the eldest, and they even feel more betrayed by this new mother having new lovers as soon as their dad died. They never properly talked to her and she didn't bother to explain it either, by the time of Jeremy's marriage come closer, if you read the first chapter monologue, they are finally old enough to understand and realizes that all Shulli ever did was protecting them and their family. And they all wanted to come to her, to apologize and thanking her, but she was killed on her way to Jeremy's wedding.

The reason why Jeremy was so busy that only his fiance come to Shulli's residence was because, all his siblings including himself are planning a surprise event on his wedding to acknowledge their mother's hardwork and hardship for all those years in front of all people that attend the wedding. And also, it was his fiance that tell Shulli the bullshit that Jeremy didn't want his step mother to come to the wedding, when in fact Jeremy never say it like that.

In the original timeline, when they found out about her death Jeremy was so furious about his fiance wrongdoing that he cancelled his wedding and if my mind didn't trick me, he was so furious that he vowed to destroy his ex fiance's family and anyone that was in hands with Shulli's death. All of the children are brokenhearted and feel the same sentiment as him.

To me it was actually never in vain, the days were extremely lonely and cold for her because she was fighting all alone on that crude battle, but it did come to fruitions because her children understand and acknowledge her sacrifice, but Shulli died never knowing that her children are all thankful for her existence.

Fed-Kun's army
This is a lot better. I'm still iffy on the TL notes explaining the story for me, but they're far less intrusive and fewer in number. The quality of translation went up significantly, too. Thanks for working so hard to give this manhwa the care it deserves.

Dex-chan lover
Softness for Softness
Firmness for Firmness
WEAK-heart.png

Is Jeremy going to fall in love with Shulli too? Please no.
Please spoil it to me IF it's a no. I really need to know....

Users who are viewing this thread