A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
@Korvalus @sumirina The letters talk about their marriage not being consummated, which in olden times means that the marriage ceremony never finished, thus it isn't "real". Since they were the only ones that knew about it + the Count and no one spoke a word, they could keep this up until this point where she was forced to get the marriage nullified.

Dex-chan lover
Those priests are so awful. Especially that creepy priest with dead eyes, yikes. Shuli, fighting!

Dex-chan lover
Ngl shuli and their father look good together, sad he died but a story of them coming to love each other and raise a family together would have been nice

Notice what? Jeremy is acting weird, is he under a spell like the priest is manipulating him or idk. Im so confused TTTT (any spoiler appreciated)

Oh gosh this chapter was so great!!! Jeremy is growing up so well! He’s going to be a splendid man!!! I’m so happy he started to think about Shuli’s situation and realised how everything was unfair for her and what a big heart she has. Now he wants to change in order to help her, sharing a little bit of her burden. I’m very moved by him. So far he’s one of my favourite characters

@Vananna Maybe the priest doesn’t want Jeremy notices that it’s all his scheme to take control of Jeremys family. But I don’t know. I think there’s a lot we don’t know yet, like why did Shuli die in her past life? It’s like someone (the church?) wants to badly get rid of her.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
JEREMY NOOO!!
If Shuli knew what you were thinking you would break her heart!!
A parent doesn't sacrifice so their children can feel guilty!

@vananna before, the one who tell jeremy where shuli was is the priest. If the priest say something against jeremy while he's the one who tell him. Jeremy will realize the real enemy is the priest.cmiiw

Dex-chan lover
@Vananna
He is confused. At first everyone said MC mary his dad because of greed, but when he learn more about his new mom he understand she isn't greedy, so he taugh MC mary his dad for love but now she deny all relationship with him.
Now he search why MC stay if she didn't love his dad or his money and he understand that because he wasn't enough mature to take care of himself, his sibling and home.
He realise because he act as a child, his mom cannot live her life, that she sacrifice herself for him and his sibling.

I was thinking about we all often forget that Shuli, in her current body, is 16 and I'm wondering how shocking it would be for the characters in the story when they also remember she's like 16 and still has so much authority/charisma.

On that note, I'm actually so happy that this series made her her actual mental age. Most time travel stories completely disregard that aspect. Most of the time I feel that the time travel/reincarnation aspect of stories is really pointless and exists purely to add more conflict however in this story it's really appropriate. It shows that Shuli was always capable of this type of critical thinking in the political world however because she lacked the emotional maturity and drive in the first timeline, she could never showcase this talent to the world. Having her mentally 20+ in her 16 year-old body really adds such a nice twist in the story that makes logical sense. It makes me really glad that we all forget she's 16 in the second timeline because it means the author wrote a mentally mature/time travel character correctly.

I'm also kinda wondering about Shuli and the late marquis's relationship. I feel like they had a very teacher-student relationship but it would be so nice to know if they saw each other as like father-daughter too. (if anyone has spoilers hehehehe...)

From what I know of spoilers the
priest is horny/in love for Shuli which is unacceptable as a priest so he tries to get rid of her so he no longer feels horny/in love for her

Lol the court fighting scene with the priests/cardinal and Jeremy thinking that he's telling the truth but no one believing him reminds me of among us when a body is found
"I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!"
"I CALL BS, THE LIGHTS WERE OFF!"

@Acedia, with all of the schemes that this story has built up so far. I dearly hope this is not the case but rather a political fight to assert influence from the church onto the country that is reaching its changing times. Aa simple obsession for a person would make me hate this story forever.

Dex-chan lover
As usual, the church is corrupt and only want money and fame.

Users who are viewing this thread