A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 53 - Guardian (12)

So maybe Johannes loved Lodovica but she married the king? So the king thinks this is a late vengeance? But actually this explanation seems too shallow even for myself. I bet there is more, I’m so curious!!!!

Thank god that useless jim thing was removed; part of translating is making it understandable for the readers and making them learn something one off like that isnt helpful

Hm... People said johannes has feeling's for ludovica but i think it is not like that.
I think, something about her death that make him sad (maybe) and used shuli as revenge to the king, given we can see they are in a good relationship and played together.

Wait, so shulli hurted her hand after the tragedy so that she can prove that she got hurt by the prince..?

Dex-chan lover
@Mwshrwwm no, she's indeed injured from the prince's fall, you can see a panel in which showing her injured hand right after the fall, it was an incuspiscious panel though, so people who don't pay attention might miss it.

Dex-chan lover
Poor boy. This is exactly why his father tried to plan this out the way he did, isn't it? How tragic
Also, again I must admit my admiration for the empress. She's such a great portrayal

Oh my, thank you soooo much!!
You're translation is quite amazing, thank you for your hardwork

This makes me so curious about the events in their past. Like damn, it makes me look forward for more chapters. I love it!!

Waaaaait, is shuri actually the king's or his mistress' daughter? What if johannes married her truly to secure his family so that the king's faction won't be able to do anything to his kids? I know it was mentioned numerous times that the guy got a few screws loose, but I truly just realized how twisted their father was

Dex-chan lover
So the whole trial and everything was just the queen vibe checking shuli--

Edit: i have an indistinct feeling that current jeremy is saying words that original timeline jeremy couldnt say to her.....

imma copypaste the comment i left in the spanish one, just to give my 2 cents :D

jeremy if u thought for one second there was love between your 45 y/o father and the 14/15 y/o lass he took in, u were really fooling yourself.

On another note, DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT IN PG 48 THERE'S LUDOVICA, THE EMPEROR, JOHANESS, NORA'S DAD AND MOM AS TEENS??? THEY WERE ALL FRIENDS.

GOSH im so curious about these guys' past, especially the ''revenge'' part the emperor mentioned and how the relationship between johaness and his deceased wife was.

Aggregator gang
Well I'll give the empress points for just straight up saying what she planned and acknowledging Shuli's efforts. She is still a megabit he, but I can at least respect her somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread