The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 57 - Epilogue: The End of a Fairytale (1)

Why does the term "sniping" exist in the first place ? So what if several groups want to translate it ?

It's not like any of the groups translating here have more rights to translate it than another group. What's wrong with having several translations for the same webtoon ? It's actually better to have more 'cause it's interesting to compare.
Just translate what you want to translate, at the pace you want to, and let others do the same. It's not that hard...

Dex-chan lover
I don't have any beef with anyone who wants to volunteer their time to translate. But it is appreciated when translations make sense. Sometimes with this, I've had to read the novel version to understand what is going on, but what can you do?

Dex-chan lover
I still remember the chapters that @belittled_mia retranslated for us so the dialogue made sense.
However, that was a different case because they uploaded after Haevn.

Yeah thanks for the chap but umm... THE BACKLASH LMAOAOAOAOA. THE BACKLASH. THIS DAMN LESLIE DUDE NEVER EVEN BACKLASHED YOU OR TALKED ABOUT YOU FOR A MINUTE. At least learn ✨respect✨ and I definitely agree with @limimelo and @kagamimocchi sniping was never against the mangadex guidelines. sorry if Im mean but just like how you are sharing your opinion about a drive that ✨magically✨ got deleted 20 days ago (yet you managed to upload other projects..lol?) at least come up with a better excuse. It's better to address this situation and openly reveal everything then close this unnecessary drama and backlash. Unless you have something to hide.......

Anywayy, thanks for the hard work and translation :)

@Limimelo@Kagamimocchi
I think it was due to the fact that all these translations are free, the only reward the translators gets is readers reading them.
There are translation groups that puts in effort to manage their time and cooperation to produce them faster at quality.
But many single translators likes to work on popular ongoing translated work to share the views. All of them shares the habit of posting faster than the group that has worked on them for a long time.

Translator groups who posted next see their views lowered by a huge amount. Over time this discourages them and some choose to drop it.
The popularity that the manhwa garnered due to consistency and quality translating is thus stolen.

From now on I'll avoid the other group's updates, the translations were so poor I couldn't follow what was happening, but yours is so smooth I can actually tell what's going on now!
Thank you for your hard work, I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed by this situation, Haevn Scans!!

Your translations are great. I do read the snipers too, but i always come back when you upload <3 Thank you so much for not dropping, your quality is amazing!

@xAnglekittYx
They're not supposed to be translating for views if what they've said is genuine. Who care if "only" 100 people read their translation ? If they like the webcomic and want to translate it, then they just do that. Same for anyone translating a webcomic they have no legal rights for, they're doing it for purpose of sharing their love and give exposure to something they like and that's it. It's weird to get entitled for translating a webcomic they're not the author of when they're just doing what every other fan translation group is doing...

@_danaxo
Please don't be so harsh, I wasn't bashing them. Just finding the concept of "sniping" weird 'cause a fan translation is a fan translation and nothing more, and there are dozens of fan groups translating in various languages so it's weird to feel like your group is the only one who has "rights" to translate a webcomic.

All my thanks for the translation. The other group is practically unreadable word salad.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy time to not breathe the whole chapter again!

@theguys45497 - not sure if this is the answer to your question, but right now its just showing the original timeline. The new timeline story isnt done yet, so these chapters are the "epilogue" of the og timeline

Wow what a bitch, she crushed what little was left of shuli's emotions in order to solidify her future standing? I get that people are warped but she used to seem like such a cute kid!

It's really comforting that he was starting to change... But she still died. ;-;

Haevn scans should take their time for the quality they provide - there will always be people like me who appreciate quality over speed. Please do not give up.

@Limimelo if it was really about just loving the work, people would translate things for themselves - why share it? There's always some aspect of wanting others to appreciate it, and yes - perhaps over time, the conversations, the views, the appreciation - isn't it plausible that people who translate would come to like this attention? I think it's entirely understandable that some would feel robbed if a new group comes and takes it away. There's no money here - that's the only "reward".

There's not much point moralising about whether sniping is good or bad - it's all illegal, like you say.

But when the majority of readers go for the fastest word salad that gets put out, it's us readers who suffer because we end up with bad quality translations that "survive" when the original group gets demoralised and give up. I've seen it again and again. For me, it's just about quality - not morals. I don't think anyone has "rights" to do any work unless specifically allowed by the author, which is only true for the vanishingly small minority of works on this website.

Thats' why I hate sniping for most cases. Now, if the snipe chapters were good quality? Then sure - free market, competition and all that!

But I hope this explains why some people do not like when groups get sniped. :)

BTW I think it's a different story if there were always a translation war going on from the beginning. Then that's not really sniping - many times there's a bit of a race and then some groups give up. Sniping is specifically when some rando comes and uploads chapters only from the point the group was up to.

hey no need to rush! i really appreciate your quality work, its totally worth the wait! take care, you guys :)

thank you so much for the chapters and uploads! you guys are the best really <3 keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread