The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 57 - Epilogue: The End of a Fairytale (1)

Understandable. Personally however I am one of those that will wait indefinitely for a quality translation.

I legit cannot recall the number of series I have stopped reading only because the quality translations have stopped, regardless to the number of chapters uploaded... I also do not complain. People doing work should be honored, even if I done like that work. Just don't mean I have to support them be it with word, companionship, or $.

Please, I assume that I am by far not the only one that massively put off by a series/chapters that are incoherent. Y'all doing good work.

Normally I'm against sniping and I do think you usually have quality work, however your translations for the trial arc were confusing and the sniper that retranslated published later than when you guys did. They also made the trial arc easier to understand. I understand that you have multiple projects and there are stuff going on behind the scenes but dont think of it so seriously/for views. I know its easier said than done but dont be too stressed.

imo it's nice having multiple translations to compare to. People have different ideas for wording and it becomes more easy to understand what the character is trying to say especially in a plot heavy story like this one.

Fed-Kun's army
I usually am against sniping but if you're unable to release chapters fast enough let someone else work on it.
Lots of TLs take up multiple projects which end up creating a load of work they can't keep up with.
The other issue is the "sniper" is releasing better content, if you don't want to get sniped bring your A-Game.

I don't condone sniping but this is the reality of things.
Primary example is Orient which is being translated by sense-scans.
Someone uploaded a bunch of decently translated chapters(half a year ago), sense scans ain't even catch up yet.

I honestly feel like it would have been better to message the other person translating in private than to bring this in front of us (at least at first). I understand the problems regarding mental health and people's feelings are their feelings but I can't shake that this also doesn't feel right with this is being handled. I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it? It's just if I was the other person who was translating and I read that, how would I feel? With it being said where everyone can read it that their uploading is affecting the personal lives of others.

Double-page supporter
I'm sorry that it seems I'm quite new here. I don't really understand what is sniping. I just googled it and found the discussion forum on mangadex and reddit about sniper. From what I've read, it seems it's like when another scanlation group also taking the same project that you've done, and releasing it earlier? I don't really understand the problem, since sometimes whenever multiple groups is working on a series that I follow, I can choose whichever translation/raw I prefer/considered better (and faster), and dropped it and wait for a better quality if the earlier/faster translation/raw is not good. (This happened with SL, since I always wait for either Flame-scans or WDWebtoons' translation.) Or is there any rule that one series can only be translated by one group?

Anyway, your group is one of the scanlation teams I know that release good quality. I know you're also working on other series. Your translation is one of the many that I like. I hope you don't stressed out yourselves.

Dex-chan lover
The really big plus on this translation is that it doesn't insult the readers like some I could mention 🙃

Can't you guys just release the chapters and that's it. After all you're doing this for free.

If people want superior quality and actual good translation they'll come to you.

This is a complicated story to understand. Especially, the trail arc. I didn’t really understand both translations by themselves but when I read both I had a clearer picture of what was going on. But your recent releases are better, i think. Good luck! Don’t be too stressed about it. Idk about everyone else, I just read both lol

Well the truth is you can't stop people from reading faster release even if their quality sucks
And I've also seen several manhwas being translated by multiple groups, I mean there's no written rules that one project could only be translated by one group only, isn't it?
Like the case with 'I Become The Hero's Mom' sawateam was "snipped" by other group, & it got pretty ugly. But they worked hard to catch up with the raws instead of slacking off so they finally get the rights to 'claim' their original project.
People will eventually come back to you if they really want to read a good quality scanlation so perhaps so you just should do what you always do, no need to bother with the other group's release. Please don't be stressful because we're all here just want to read peacefully 😊 thanks for the chapter btw
Fyi, I read both version

Dex-chan lover
Just take your time if it's affecting your personal life, I don't think you should force yourselves to match the other groups speed.

Personally I read whichever comes out first because im impatient af, but when I see updates of the same chapter I do check out the other translation.

Then when I reread the series I read the one with the better translation

If you're focused on quality, then focus on that, I definitely think it will be more appreciated in the long run.

Just read up on this on /rscanlationdrama ... seems like Haevn scans is notorious for attacking other groups and translators alike for translation ownerships.

From an outsider's perspective looks like this scan group is really messy. Especially with their claims of their Google Drive deleting and all... I mean its understandable if it happens once but a few times seems to be sus and just an excuse to me.

But I mean, if it takes 1 month per chapter for them to reach the epitome of perfection quality wise but whenever they get called out for mistakes, all their files seems to conviently disappear seems a bit whack to me...

Well thats what I gathered from reading this, worth the read imo 👽

https://www.reddit.com/r/scanlationdrama/comments/koot9i/haevn_scans_the_heroine_turned_out_to_be_a/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

This is why I never understand how such term like “snipping” made into MangaDex.

Since translation like this is illegal in any way, no one should hold any right to translate any things. Anyone should have the freedom to upload their hard work to this site. It’s up to readers to choose which version of translations they like. You can’t monopolies shit in grey area like this. People want fast and free contents from this site. Don’t blame others if someone able to do it before you do. That’s why shitty translation drama is such a shitshow cause it should not be any drama at all. Everyone, be it a big group or a one man army group, always trying to deliver their best. Just because a small, newfound group wants to provide faster content to thirsty reader doesn’t mean their hard work invalid since their quality is comparable with the bigger group. We readers always thankful for everyone that takes their time to gives us free content and you want us to attack them? What are you, a wolf in disguise?

TLDR: blaming someone of snipping is just another term to extend your monopoly shit. Every one shouldn’t defend this kind of behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread