The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 57 - Epilogue: The End of a Fairytale (1)

@Limimelo
I don't think we have the right to judge the translators motivation.
But if a translator group fails to upload for a month I think the work is up for grabs.
I will only hate if a translator who is doing it for fun or learning causes a group to drop because they do not want to compete.
And if this matter happens again and again, we would eventually lose quality group translators. All that's left is just poor translation that might or might not upload till the end.
So I do think that sniping is an issue, just that I am not sure if it applies to this case.

@Binary10011 @xAnglekittYx

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Scanlations groups come and go, same for readers, nobody owes anyone anything imo. Idk if I've become cynical over the years, but it's just a translation on the internet. If several people translate the same thing, they do, if webcomic is dropped, it's dropped, if someone picks it up it'll be a happy surprise but even if nobody does it doesn't really matter, people will just move on.

About the motivation I didn't mean they **have** to do it because they're passionate and nothing more, but it does come across this way, I apologize. My point was they can't make money off of it so I really don't understand why there has to be a war to determine who is "the chosen one" who has more "rights" than another to do a translation.
If the other translation lacks quality, well, it's fine, they're all sharing it with us. If you don't like it nobody forces you to read thel and I still don't see how it forces other groups to upload faster, it's just views. Followers of the group are more important than a thousand random readers, so why not just trust them instead of trying to prevent anyone else from uploading the same webcomic ?
Somebody will anyway, even if it's on another website, in another language or in another form and people who really want to read fast will get their hands on them, others will patiently wait for trusted translation so they'll always have readers waiting for them. Getting petty over something unavoidable seems pretty drainful and vain.

Hope it cleared it up, have a nice day!

@Limimelo
Mate, I am happy to agree to disagree - different things matter for different people after all!
But I hope this comment: "Getting petty over something unavoidable seems pretty drainful and vain." was directed in general and not at me - I just tried to explain the position of readers who want quality.

Again, it's not about owing or rights or any other contractual thing. Perhaps you were talking to the other guy there so apologies if I'm repeating myself. :)

I don't think it makes sense to blame people who want faster releases. At the end of the day, everyone has their own limit for how much quality loss they can bear for a given increase in release speed. That's just people being people.

Any perceived pettiness on my part, is just supposed to be an attempt to buoy the motivation for whatever group I'm supporting to keep going. It's just politics; nothing personal.

I think the idea of nobody forcing people to read bad quality releases is a bit flawed. That's because the issue is the fear of losing the good quality ones - if there's a risk of losing that choice, then it's not really a choice is there?

We are both agreed on the wish that groups should have faith in their readers and keep going.

Double-page supporter
I do prefer the quality and there will always be plenty of people who prefer the quality. I don't think you guys need to feel like its a competition. And to the person who said its up for grabs if they don't update in a month? LOL, you do realize they have other projects and a life right? TLing is hard work, especially when you have to add in cleaning, redrawing, typesetting, PR and QC

I was so so scared you guys were going to drop this. Thank you so much for continuing on and I for one will gladly wait for your updates.

this quality translation makes ohara's feelings much more crystalline and beautifully awful

Waiting for moar!
Your quality is better, the other one only meaning is to spoiler myself but not really get all of the details of what is happening. D:
Moarrrrr please!

Is this about the “no group?” They do a pretty good job, I wouldn’t call their translations crappy.

I'm waiting for updates from your scans! I love how much thought and time goes into your translations, the dialogue are very nuanced and polished!

Thank you for your hard work! :)

I can't remember what I originally thought orclues in other chapters (bc I briefly remember the mention of his fiance but can't recall details) so jumping back into this and seeing that she has something to do with shulis death(? possibly) is really surprising. Like it really opens up the story to a possibility I knew nothing about

Dex-chan lover
things fall into place now, to be honest I should have stockpiled instead of reading ahead with the other translation.
not that it wasn't a decent translation but it's pure tragedy and it doesn't seem to be conveyed to the fullest. the comment sections ahead are a mess because of a translation note...
thanks for the translation, I don't particularly care who translates but there must be a more effective way to say "that" I look forward to how you interpret it for us

Haevn scans I hope you're still translating this

The other scans is so hard to read so much nuance is obviously lost.

Users who are viewing this thread