A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 57 - Epilogue - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (2)

Double-page supporter
Edit: Does this "epilogue" chapter means a closure for season 1?

Anyway, I'm actually happy that the end of season 1 revealed that even the Jeremy in the past actually has considered Shuli as a family.

Thank you for the translation.

I think that's what happened. Because I think in one of the first 15 chapters she realized that they never actually hated her and actually loved her. She was just blinded and couldn't notice it until her second life. For the bandits, I was under the impression that Ohara just told her to leave and stopped it there, I was initially under the impression that the bandits were just there by chance.

Damn the first timeline will be hard to read!
Afaik she isn't the one behind Shuli's death. Actually there were several people, I think her trash father was one of them, the priest that sent Jeremy to the library (don't remember the name) played a major part. I read the priest was kind of obsessed with Shuli. Shuli's knight actually killed her. Also, Jeremy didn't just cancel the wedding, he actually tried to strangle Ohara when he heard Shuli died (Nora stopped him).

you crazy bitch. Shes dead and those were your last words to her.. Even if she changes in the 2nd timeline ill dislike her still.

God he even called her a stepmom its not like he wanted to confess his love to her .

Epilogue????? What????? The end of season 1????? I liked that in the 1st time line jeremy thought of shuli as a mother.
Thanks for the translation

@DeltaZulu It seems like set up for the next arc.

The way I see it, the previous chapter left off with Jeremy acknowledging Shuli as an important figure in his life. It doesn't have to be as a mother figure per se, but as long as she's "stays with her family" (i.e., them), then he knows he'll be happy. In the original timeline, Jeremy seems to have been coming to the same conclusion, albeit much more later in life, but it hadn't fully formed in his head. He still wanted Shuli by his side for a bit longer, even if it were his step-mother.
It's clear from her reaction and trauma-filled childhood that Ohara might have misinterpreted Jeremy wanting Shuli to remain in the main house for a while longer as something other than him wanting to maintain the little bit of familial bond he has with her. Her thinking of his father's affair pushed her to do what we saw back at the start of the story, make Shuli leave before the wedding.
I actually like this. Since Shuli realizes after she goes back in time that the kids never really hated her, it never made sense that Jeremy wouldn't have wanted her to not be present at the wedding. Making it as part of Ohara's scheme to ensure that her position as Marchioness isn't threatened by Shuli's presence and stopping her from "developing" anything with Jeremy fills in that gap.

I really want to see how Shuli momma-fies Ohara. It was always hinted at there being something off with her since her introduction- and re-introduction- to the story.
I'm so looking forward to this arc!

EDIT: I AM BLIND AND DID NOT SEE THIS WAS THE EPILOGUE! NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON, AND THIS IS NOW GOING TO KILL ME LOL

Damn I knew she was bad in the first timeline but I didn't know it was this bad...fuck her and her messed up family for causing her to grow up this way.
I guess there's redemption for her in the second timeline but I really wish she didn't end up with Elias. She doesn't deserve someone as wholesome as him.

Kinda backwards of her to think that
killing off Shuli will ensure Jeremy stays by her side. If she thought that he harbors feelings for her, wouldn't Shuli's death impact him even more? Make him realize even faster and more deeply how much he actually cares about her? Dumb bitch.

Oh thank God when it updated last night but didn't actually view it said it was END end
I was like NNOOOOO

But this is probably the end of season 1/2(?)

Showing the aftermath of the first timeline after such a joyous season break 🥺🥺🥺

Amazing chapter! You improved alot and thank you so much for the fast update!! 💘 Although I didn't know what the "Epilouge" thing is about, I searched the raws and it actually said it so 😂😂🥰 thank you for the fast update

many are revealed tonight peeps and idk what to feel...like im mad at ohara but i kinda get where shes coming from and i pity her, but then again shes still annoying......then i felt relieved to know that the kids actually cared for shuli.....yah idkam
but wooh~ what a ride😅

Thank you for the chapter! (tho was a bit surprised when i saw the "epilogue" in the title) see yall on season 2

Like i though, shuli deserve better in first time line,even shuli didnt close like this timeline but shes do the best for 'family' no reason jeremy and other hate her. If the accident didnt happend i bet jeremy will bring her back

Users who are viewing this thread