A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 61 - Epilogue 5 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (6)

Welp, this series is a masterpiece of its own. I've been reading it for the past two days now and I love the past and current situation being introduced.

Now that we have the past being present to us, can we go back now in the current timeline?

Damn, I can't take away my eyes to the adult Nora. 😍😍😍

@toebutter 'Jeremy never showed any romantic feelings for Shuli' YET

Because he actually did. Both timelines in fact. They actually had been trialed for this in the past timeline (and will be again in this one

MY HEART!!! NORAAA 😭😭😭♥️♥️ YEARNING FOR HER 😫😫💕💕💕 IM SO SADD. WHY DOES THE FIRST TIME LINE HAVE TO BE SO SADDD.

BTW I have no idea how some people still don't get that it's the first timeline. The black bg explains it all + you can see different behavior from the characters and more than that, it showed in previous chapters that Nora met Shuli (Shuri) while protecting her from her brother in present time line whereas the past timeline (the one displayed in this chapter rn) , they met when they're both crying. You still can't tell the difference? Then sorry bruv 😭🙌🏻 don't hate on the translator.

I read this chapter 3 times and novel spoilers of this ch so what basically happened is

When Nora got the order to investigate the body (as shown in the prev ch) he started remembering all the old memories, the fact that he was spying on her per orders of the emperor made him know how much she's actually hurting and eventually fell in a one-sided love. He had to keep his distance and watch her from afar but at the same time he was yearning for her 😭😭❤️❤️ Then it begun showing the scenes as to which abligton, Shuli's gaurd (idk the name) got terrified? He now basically has psychological problem I think and he doesn't want to wake up and come to. So his friend, who snitched, went to the cardinal and basically started begging for the cardinal to save his friend from execution of failing to protect Shuli and that was it.

I really can't wait to see..
When Jeremy mentally breaks down and tries to see the body, then Nora stops him and says something like (idr) "We can't even identify her, and even if we could What use would it be to see a dead living thing?" meaning, he's telling him it's too late to even do anything at this point

@yotsuba98 why you gotta do me like that with the spoiler. 😆 That kinda bums me out. I want them to get along but not THAT WELL. Poor Shuli having to deal with his testosterone. I'm all for Nora+Shuli since they look so good together, and Nora is extraordinarily hot as an adult. 🤩🤤

Still, with the knowledge we have as readers based on what's been revealed so far in the manhwa, it only makes sense to not address any "spoilers", e.g. by having Jeremy refer to Shuli as his dead lover when nothing referring to said relationship has been shown so far. 😕 Some tact regarding that (whether from the author/artist or the TL team) would have been nice. Also, "lover" would mean it wasn't one-sided like with Nora. 🤔

Group Leader
@toebutter because it’s a mistranslation. i’m frustrated that the scans team hasn’t fixed it yet, but alas. the TL should be “dead woman/lady” instead of “dead lover”. the translation is just dead wrong. it doesnt make any sense anyway. regardless if jeremy likes shuli romantically, they’re not lovers. so no way would the narration refer to shuli as jeremy’s lover.

also, the “jeremy is in love with shuli” plot is way more pronounced in the novel than in the manhwa. in the novel, we can clearly see it, unlike in the manhwa. the portrayal of shuli’s dead husband (the kids’ dad) is also quite different, so i dare say the manhwa has taken a different turn.

Thanks, @fiercenaga. That's what I was wondering, yet the TL note seemed to convey the TLers were confident that that was the proper translation & it was out of their hands. As for the difference in the manhwa & the novel, I wouldn't be surprised if the manhwa is trying to focus more on the familial bond aspect between Shuli & the Neuschwansteins, rather than the romance. I'm not entirely against that. Too bad I can't find a proper english translation of the novel (not some MTL'd crap).

I swear this is one of the most beautiful manhwa I've ever read. Incredible.
The plot the art, everything is simply beautiful.

Wait so the Knight was really the one who killed her??? Didn't he go after her afterwards to bring her back? I'm still confused on that part... so the Knight was with the cardinal?

And OH MY GOD THIS MANHWA IS GORGEOUS SHURI NORA ARE GORGEOUS 😭

Misunderstanding and lack of communications. Those two things made what happened in the first timeline. I broke in tears reading this epilogue omg 😭😭

@justforamin this is not the end of the season. According to the artist Orka's Twitter, they are still going to upload 4 chapters before taking a break (manhwas usually take a break of 2 up to 4 months)

@Wow_ie he wasn’t with the cardinal, he’s being used as a scapegoat and i think hes staying silent bc he feels guilty.

@toebutter are you sure for the missing pannels? Bc i looked at the raws of this chapter on a site and it didn’t seems to miss anything(they may have taken the raws there tho). Oh and where did you read the other TL?

I saw a part of this scanlation on the Instagram explore page... the account called summer_recommendations . They posted twice, two days ago and included the site name.

Not sure if it matters to this group but I’ve seen a lot of groups write a warning before or after their chapter stating not to post on social media.

@vananna Nope, definitely missing panels. I read this first and wondered where the hell Nora is. But when I looked at the raw, it showed clearly where he was. Pretty important set of panels to just miss. -_- The other TL I mentioned was someone showing me their TL of the raw albeit partially MTL'd. It was just in convo, not an actual scanlation work.

Users who are viewing this thread