A Villainess No More - Ch. 23

@darkmint13 I cannot bring myself to agree with you, since coming from a society where class/caste is still a big deal, I've seen its demerits too many times to see any positive points. You make sense but then again the demerits of the system outweigh the positives for me, I guess.

That said, I only pinged you to consider this possibility that you might enjoy: she's socializing with the nobles currently, and has the potential duccess/princess/queen, she gave an answer of maintaining the status quo that the nobles would certainly approve of(no one wants an revolutionary in the govt obviously).
So they felt secure and thought it was a diplomatic answer - thus improving her reputation.

Somehow I like that possibility more! :Thanks for giving me more to think about. :)

(Omg just saw Teelaish below raised a similar point, interesting!)

@GreenDragonSage I agree completely. It is very nice here. I'm glad I discovered it. :)

@Tensaitkuroneko I'm not arguing that it's the best. Every single government has its share of issues, no matter the intentions. I was merely making a guess on her comment.

I do agree that her comment was more diplomatic given her audience. That's what separates her from her sister. The MC knows how to tailor her comments to the people she's speaking to which the sister lacks, among other things.

Thanks for the lovely discussion. :)

Thanks for translating Secret Land Castle!\o/

49crbr.jpg

bruh
for some couple with no love between them, they sure are chummy. :V

Dex-chan lover
@Sunhay

I think the fact that it is a chinese webtoon is telling; the author probably has issues with how society is structured currently and how wealth distribution creates hierarchy. It's a dig against capitalism (which China has embraced to increase the power of the communist party.)

That said, there were no better times and aristocratic societies had plenty of issues, which is why they fell. Those with power have eventually abused it and generally used it to increase their own power. Today, with globalization and automation the wealthy have even more opportunity to get wealthier while exploiting the weak and poor. (An example would be Apple manufacturing its iPhones in China with Foxconn due to its cheap labour.)

I wonder how this fares with the censoring that occurs in China as one is simply not allowed to speak of their discontent with the current regime.

Is it just me or does it feel like this comic has a limit of only 1-2 things happening per chapter? She essentially had a conversation and then went to bed.

will they go through with it or will interruption kun strike.
it is a bit fast but that was the way of things with arranged marriages in those days.
i wonder how much her family are running things into the ground without her and all the stuff the sister is up to.

They are just falling deeper for each other and don't even know it, so adorable!

Is this story really pretending like having a monarchy is a GOOD thing ? lol
The idea that people should be submissive to others, and deserve wealth and power because of the family the were born into is somehow benevolent ? Athy own country literally just prostituted her for some materials.Yes in “shoujo” world its all good because she a will comply with what others want her to do- but the entire way An aristocracy works is prejudicial, sexist & racist. Even the things the blond sister talks about aren’t wrong on their own. The other sister is just to stupid to execute it properly. Ex.) Not knowing how to preserve food properly.

The countless revolution from Haitian, French, America, Russian etc [though some bloody and more messy then others] were the fruition of years of abuse from the Monarchs and aristocracy. The New nobles were issues because the acted like the old nobles. If just lazy writing if your going to address a historical problematic government and pretend like its was wholly justified.

Users who are viewing this thread