A Villainess No More - Ch. 5

Yeah, the younger sister is going to get bit in the ass. It's a good thing though, without her sister around she probably learns things the hard way.

What will become of Asia's family business? Younger fool child sister going to be over the family business. DANG!!!!

Fed-Kun's army
@dragonet Exactly exactly. The sister isn't evil, just incredibly narrow minded. If she would just listen to the MC, they could easily come to an understanding. Because what they both want seems to be the same basically: better society/better lives for the people.

Group Leader
i hope her family is cut off and falls into ruin while she's away. they deserve it.

@dragonet i'd argue that the purehearted, norm-defying heroines we always see have more braincells than lillian lmao. neither are in the wrong, but it's clear to me that lillian obstinate and willingly ignorant of dissenting opinions :(

lillian did not pass the vibe check :/

Dex-chan lover
It is really a shame that the two sisters don't work together better. They could do a really effective good cop bad cop routine when it comes to the other nobles.

Also, the fact that everything is poised to break down when Athanasia leaves is kinda on her shoulders. Not training any replacements or delegating any of the workload is not a great way to run a state.

@icekatze Agree, Athansia kind of set them up. Probably not what the author was going for but from a realistic point of view.
That's the difference between someone who legitimately wants to help and someone who just wants to be important/depended on.
Someone who legitimately wants them to succeed would be open about their thought process, leave documentation, and have systems in place for others to take over if they should ever leave.
Someone who just wants people to be dependent on them keeps everything a secret and leaves everything to fall apart in case they're ever betrayed.
Give a man a fish or teach him to fish.

tbh it seems like she's been trying to do so for ages, but her family is just unwilling to take on the responsibility of their position

Double-page supporter
@ManlyMan6545 Wasn't she going over the paperwork with her mother? I doubt that she is self taught, most likely it was her mother who taught her estate management in the first place. Her mom probably was overworked managing an estate that size and was counting on her daughters to help divide the work and have someone she trusts to delegate things to. This would be part of a lady's education so she has experience when she gets married and runs her own household. My guess though is that her daughter was so competent that she overly relied on her to the point being without her is going to be super stressful. "I'm too old for this shit" is properly running through Mommy dearest mind when she thinks of being left to runs thing alone and her muscles for brains youngest is NO help at all.
I think Athanasia has been trying to teach her younger sister and she's been getting stonewalled the whole time. It's hard to teach a person to fish when they have their head in the sand, or up their own ass.

So the charity event is still going strong just later. That girl should really listen to her sister. I wonder what will happen to that kingdom once she dissappear

It is a little saddening to me. It's a great setup with our MC being stuck with the title of "Evil Lady" to contrast her sister's near holy appearance, BUT (and this is a major BUT) it makes me more eager to see how the kingdom/capital/fief will fall into absolute chaos and carnage and disarray once her post is left vacant. Her sister will try to continue holding charity events... BUT WITH NO MONEY RAISED PREVIOUSLY. Her mother will attempt to do the paperwork to the same standards as her daughter, but will most likely cut corners by ignoring 'unimportant' documents or handing it to someone else to check, potentially the wrong hands. The setup is beautiful because we can foresee how everything falls apart... it makes me feel awful for this next part, but... that's all I'm looking forward to now. Sure, I also want to see how our MC's relationship with the rumored "Monster of the North" plays out... but that now takes a back pedal to witnessing how chaos ensues her homeland. Just my takeaway from these opening chapters.

Honestly if the kingdom starts to crumble it will be the sister's fault. In the first place MC was suppoused to marry a noble of the kingdom and then she would have stayed there doing her job, but because the sister threw a tantrum about her marriage with the ML, Athanasia was forced to swap places with her sister, then she barely got time to prepare/train others in her tasks before she left (because of the sudden change of plans).

This kind of kindness is not good. Lilian need some Times to think about this throughly.
Anyway,
I cant wait to see how this house and kingdom slowly fall apart without Athanasia

@Mivy my thoughts exactly

i wish the countess would just adopt her, she seems to be the only one genuinely appreciative of athanasia's efforts and the burden they bring :<

Dex-chan lover
When the person who's leaving is basically single support pillar that almost solely does everything you're just asking to be ruined.

See Lillian? Chill and listen to your sis, she understands your concerns and will help you out. You just need to give her a chance to explain herself, sheesh

Dex-chan lover
more like just ignoring other people's opinion. what a B- I hate you Lillian. good job author, I'm seething because of realistic world affairs
MC is doing her best because she cares about her sister, cares about her family's affairs but their short of nothing but ingrates!
you can't just gather people under a rally. people have to be interested... I foresee a ducal family's ruin

So basically Lillian is just a spoiled girl who doesn't know her position and solely act based on emotion?
Well, it's look like the Croix family will lose their glory despite Athanasia married off for their sake.

Users who are viewing this thread