A Villainess No More

@PetiteTacos I've seen this happen multiple times over the past few days. From what other commenters have said, I'm guessing it's probably the first upload by the user - which needs to be manually checked

I just flagged the last two chapters and the series. I hope everyone does the same until whomever is falsely uploading, quits it. Wi

Lmao, to all those wondering as to why chapters seem to disappear moments after being uploaded, here's why:

A scantalation group/person, that is not SLC (Secret Land Castle) is uploading these chapters. They don't have the best english/grammar etc. either. Readers, or in particular - fans of SLC - are flagging these chapters and getting them removed.

If you really want to finish 49 chapters of this (and don't mind bad grammar) --> check out mangago but until then, be ready to see more phantom updates

oh wow, thanks for the info. *all this scan groups drama just gives me a headache* I remember why i don't get involved anymore xD

@PracheeN are they allowed to report a chapter for no reason?? Just curious why they are actually getting removed since it doesn't break any MangaDex rules that I know of......I understand being annoyed at low quality scans or translations but surely they can just block the new translators uploads in their personal settings? I mean the people that want to read ahead are going to do so whether the chapters are here or not.

So is this Chinese, or Taiwanese?
It looks like simplified chinese to me? 🤔 Doesn’t Taiwan use traditional Chinese characters?

I didn't know mangadex now prohibits multiple people uploading chapters (and sniping)? I thought only stolen chapters are banned?

Scanlator drama aside, this manhua is not the worse one out there; in fact, it started quite good and intriguing.

But the extremely short chapters where nothing really happens really are trademarks of Chinese webtoons/manhuas. The plot itself isn't so bad, but there are a lot of short, empty chapters so the plot does not progress much. And while there isn't much happening with the overallstory, I feel weird about how fast the main leads changed opinions of each other. It feels unnatural and forced; like one day, they just realized the other person isn't the same as the rumors portrayed and poof! Tomorrow they might fall in love.

The art is pretty but looks simple; not very detailed. I'd say 7/10. The male lead's face isn't swoon-worthy. 😟 The coloring is easy on the eyes.

In short, as we go on with more chapters, it becomes so-so, and it's fast approaching boring and mediocre for me. I'll hang on for a bit more though.

@Nayaera from what I understand about the situation is that recently people have become quite dogmatic when it comes to scan groups.
'Snipping' has become more persecuted in the eyes of the readers, especially if it's their favourite scans groups that get sniped.

Personally, I don't mind who translates something, in the end the better scans will get the better views and I do want to add that no one group has the legal licensing rights to this work so the 'war' is just stupid.

Although I will admit some snipping groups are just dicks that enjoy trolling the other scan groups by uploading the same time as them.

If you want a real laugh, go look at the Mairimashita! Iruma-kun section and the snipping war over there

Dex-chan lover
So...if the only reason the chapters are getting reported is because of this dumb scan group "loyalty", can't those reporters be banned? If mangadex allows this, it just means that people will be able to exploit this function to bully releases off this site. Snipes aren't against the rules, it's just seen as rude? MTL isn't against the rules either...

Idk, this series is long and slowly paced, I get wanting faster releases. There are releases up to 49 on other sites, and the pace is still pretty...relaxed 😅. There's a real antagonist now at least, and there's...some progress between the two. No sister update yet though...

@nayaera only flagged cause the recently “updated” chapters keep showing up empty and the constant loading and unloading of the most recent one.

I just recently read the comments here and I think they are all wrong and out of touch with what is really happening. The recent “updated” chapters not being available were never available from the start. I know this cause I happened to be on when the first chapter was uploaded and it never worked.

Also, I don’t care for scanlator drama. This is all illegal anyways. I’m reading for free and if I want to read dumbed down MTL I can, but I’m not gonna complain about people doing it or about people putting time and effort into translating, localizing, editing, proofing, and redrawing.

So if another MTL chapter reappears but doesn’t work, I am going to flag it so it can either be taken down, or for the series to be locked so people stop playing with uploading.

im on chp 6, and i get that
the point of painting athanasia as the 'villain' is just a misunderstanding bc she's so righteous to the point where she can set aside personal feelings in order to carry out her responsibilities, but her sister, who is painted as 'the kind, understanding, angel', is so immature in comparison lmao. hard to believe how people are so shallow that they only see the surface and treat them so differently. i'm glad athanasia is leaving so she doesn't have to put up with this bullshit.

Yes... just yes. Two mature people in a relationship. No stupid childishness. I hope this continues. I hope no stupid misunderstandings in the future too

10!!

It feels very nice to read, i remember seeing the cover and reading the title ages ago and thinking "meh maybe later" but I am so glad I decided to read it, i was pleasantly surprised.

Love love love
I can't wait for the next update.

Read the MTL up to ch 48. It's a bit disappointing that they haven't confronted her old family for being shits.

Like nothing really exciting happens.

Users who are viewing this thread