A Villainess No More

@areticentreader And yet somehow she gained the title of social queen in her country, how? I have no idea, her reputation is SO bad even neighborhood countries believed it, I agree this would be much more interest if it focused on her sister who was ironically hated by the fans in the first chapters.

Hmm, I feel that the title is sarcastic, since the Evil Lady will change is exactly the opposite, the Good Lady will not change...

@Cloverfr I just feel like she's kinda been put in a position where she could have a lot of authority (maybe taking over things that Athanasia was already doing like the food thing at the beginning) but she doesn't really have the oversight necessary to pull them off successfully. which I feel like could end up either reflecting badly on the nobility as a whole or at least end up affecting the economy or something. and her parents never really tell her no so if they don't stop her from being reckless, I think she really could do some damage. or maybe she'd only hurt her own reputation, idk

but with the way everything is going I doubt we'll see anything like that

I truly don't understand why she was called an evil lady, her appearance and conduct is so far away from being evil, if anything she has such a calm and soothing atmosphere around her, how can people (esp who had met her) believe her being evil?
I know there might be something happened in the past, but seeing how she moved so far away from home I wonder when the author will start telling that story.

However, I like reading sweet stuffs, so I'll just enjoy the sweetness~

I finally caught up with this manhwa(in Chinese) up to season 2(s1 ends on ch101 after diving into a bit of ML's past).

They finally started on Athy's background story(after the 10 chapters worth of chibi comic strips they released on the break before starting season 2 lol). This is a slow paced story if you don't know by now. I am a sucker for the fluff and the satisfaction when they all learn how Athy isn't 'evil' :p. Story's finally getting interesting as the villain is making their move.

Okay buckle up because your blood pressure is in for a ride. Around chapter 106 we begin to see the Athansasia's backstory
Her little bitch of a sister is sick and her parents ask Athanasia to give her anything she wants and to read her simple books that aren't difficult because the poor thing can't learn or whatever. She's being completely forgotten by her parents and her education is at jeopardy because she can't read difficult materials because her sweet little sister would feel bad because she doesn't understand that stuff. At one point Anthanasia's grandmother comes in and takes our girl away from the clown herd she calls a home and properly educated her and gives her some of her jewels as a memento after she dies. Coming back home Athanasia realizes that her parents expect her to give everything up for her dumb sister be it toys or jewelry. When they are sent to school the idiot sister ask for money for a pointless charity that involves giving swords to the poor women but Athanasia already gave money to a charity that wasn't stupid. This is where we get angry, the little devil of a child breaks into Athanasia's dorm room and steals her jewelry AGAIN and pawns them of for the money. Athanasia is like whatever until she sees her grandmother's mementos are missing. She ask her awful sister why did she sell them and her trash sister says they are just jewels they hold no value and insults the grandmother in the process and that's when Athanasia snaps and hits her sister in the face and thus is called a jewel loving villain.
also don't feel too bad for Athanasia because after she leaves her country people realize her little sister is actually a hypocrite idealist who can't plan any charity event properly.

Fed-Kun's army
ohh i love athy and rian relationship but i hate lilian so much. all talk and no action and even if she does something, it ends in disaster

Like I really liked this idea but what has even happened in 32 chapters? She got there, got engaged and gained a maid? Oh and the knights vows. I feel like thats really slow progression but maybe im just feeling the effects of the long gaps between chapters idk.

It's rare that I find something to read with so many characters I like. That being said, while the progression seems a little slow, it's kept up with everything my providing backstories so deeeecent.

Users who are viewing this thread