A 'Warning Inhibit' checkbox when uploading chapter.

Power Uploader
Two Scenarios:
1. Scanlator put 2 identical credit pages at the front and the end of a chapter, this triggers the page duplicate warning.
2. When uploading long strips, the chapter may contain a very high number of pages caused by the auto slicing, this triggers the high pages count warning.

While these warnings are a good feature to prevent uploader's mistakes going through unnoticed, it is a little inconvenient to click 'Upload Anyway' for every upload when you bulk uploading and know these warnings are false-positives in a sense.

Upvote 0
Group Leader
As a reader I would rather inconvenience uploaders and get a decent reading experience than letting uploaders do whatever and get an unreadable chapter.
Duplicated credit pages are unnecessary and annoying and it is not a false positive.

Power Uploader
Duplicated credit pages are unnecessary and annoying and it is not a false positive.
I agree, and I wish I can delete one of the duplicated pages. But there's no good reason for me to modify other group's chapter as long as it isn't violating any rules. (can a mod clarify if I'm allowed to)

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I agree, and I wish I can delete one of the duplicated pages. But there's no good reason for me to modify other group's chapter as long as it isn't violating any rules. (can a mod clarify if I'm allowed to)

i'm not a mod, but site rule 3.2.4 is pretty clear:
If you are not part of the scanlation group, do not alter the release you are uploading by any means.
Extra pages (they call it extraneous content) is considered part of the release. 3.2.7:
All content that isn't strictly part of the original scanlated chapter is considered "extraneous". Examples of this include credits pages, recruitment notices, discussion, fan-colored chapter pages, and other fan art. Extraneous content is generally allowed, but must be placed either at the beginning or the end of the release.

Users who are viewing this thread