A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

The Queen has a super innocent and privileged mentality ey? How has she managed to be that way at that age?

Thank you for the upload!

Dear gods, what a thing to say to a widow. Be kind, and give away everything you have. Some day, someone might pick you up out of the gutter and shower you with money so you can eat again...

I really dislike the queen dowager right now. She's not just naive. She's willfully naive...

The Queen sounds like she’s lived through YEARS of white privelege , I completely understand Mildred. I love her personality

Imagine being that old and thinking like that??? Everything must have went swimmingly to never think about how bad it could be, the things you have to do to get through them or have pity and understanding for those actually living like that. Ugh- kicking the bucket with the glass half full I see??- get real and drink the cool-aid so maybe you can see properly through your rose tinted world for once- jeez...

It's quite interesting to see the class dynamics between the two women. I was quite suprised by the naivety of the Queen though. I've rarely read manga or books that have a Queen so out of touch with those around her. I understand it's quite easy with someone of her status being shielded from the pains of everyday life, but navigating the royal court isn't a cake walk either. Treachery, greed, and deceipt run rampant.

Mildred was a little too bold for me. Like girl, lecturing the whole Queen aint gonna help you. Sometimes it's better to bite your tongue and build connections rather than "tell it how it is."

of course the queen dowager has a rose tinted look on life. of course she's looking at things naively like a fairy tale.

she's the fabled cinderella after all

You get a sense of why the queen is saying these things. She's going over the culture of the world they are in, a patriarchal society where people must rely on a man to give them everything they want and need. But then criticize young women for making "bad" choices without understanding what drove them to accept such conditions. Such cases are something that only Mildred will find to be alien because she grew up in modern society, one where more women try to earn better rights for themselves.

This naivete from the queen dowager
is due to how she's the actual Cinderella. Because she got a Fairy Godmother who helped grant her dreams, she managed to believe that she already knows what is the truly best path. That you should just share everything away and you will surely be rewarded for your kindness.

But our protag is someone that is from the real world, someone that understands that Fairy Godmothers won't just randomly pop out and save people in need.

Wow that Cinder-Ella turned into this is just..... pathetic That Queen Dowager can rot in her Rich fairytale priviledge
I'm white I came from a rich family except I was raised by a single mother with no financial support from them and my mother heard this nonsense all the time that she should just remarry, my point is I should have had all the advantages but because of greed and my mom being a hardworking badass who could never get ahead I'm in one or the worst financial situations of my life

So I really dont give a damn about how Cinder-Ella thinks Mildred should live her damn life when she basically won the lottery sure she lived as a servant in her own house for a few years ok fine I give you that- BUT guess what, I spent my childhood cleaning other people's houses still do occasionally so again big whoop did you pay anything forward, Your Majesty Queen Dowager Cinder-Ella? Don't forget where you came from bitch!

Why can't she talk back to her Majesty? If she wanted to be honred she should just have tea with her usual people. She proably invited Mil because she thought she was like her but she is not. I don't really like the queen, she has everything and she is still greedy.

Thank you for translating up until now, even though I would have preferred not to have it, because now I won't be able to know what's going to happen before many months. Your translations were top notch and I'm going to miss that.

Ps: it's naïve not naîve

People are criticizing the Queen Dowager and the society of the story but if you look at the bigger picture the society in the story is just a hyperbolic version of our society. Society is controlled by the patriarchy and women are criticized no matter what they do even if it’s just to make a living and survive. I’m glad people can see how messed up the Queen Dowager is but I wish people were this outraged when women are stigmatized in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Go on Mildred! You're doing great! Wow. I didn't think the author would allow her to tell the Queen Dowager what's what like that. That's really awesome.
Mildred is a hardcore bitch you don't mess with.

Users who are viewing this thread