A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

Ah yes, the perspective card. I love the way Mildred thinks and accesses her situation and world. The only thing I don't agree with is that she says her way of thinking changed because of the society she is currently in. Her thoughts apply to current day as well. It's more accurate that only the elite and those without struggles in life can have these "moral highgrounds" because people who are cornered with no way out tend to go down 'immoral paths' those who are fortunate enough never consider. Not everyone wants to do what they have to do in order to survive, be it the old rigid societies like Mildred's life or current times. No one should judge others on how they live their life unless they've lived it themselves.

A QUESTION:
What do u call the way she's speaking and keeping up with the conversation like saying or recalling what the other party said a second or a while ago?????

thnxs for thy answer😊

@Browniewhiz I think she means that women had no rights back then, I mean women still don’t in some countries but back then even in a “civilized” or well off country, women where pretty much sold to their husbands. I think she mentioned something about Aristocratic women weren’t allowed to sell or something around those lines not sure I have to re-read. There are women (mostly commoners) who do work and such but that will take them so far and even then the jobs are limited. You can say it was easier for women to go “down the indecent or wrong path” whatever her majesty put it. But I see your point as well, I would have liked it for her to say that her views were widen or modified greatly considering women rights, not that it was completely changed bc even our world and time has limitations and hardships as well.

I could be wrong in regards to my point and women rights of that time (marriage, work force, etc.), but that’s what I think I understood reading this. If anyone has more insight please let me know lol

awww its dropped:( it was going super exciting too!
thank you for all the chapters!!!

also didnt expect the queen dowager to be who she is

So this slightly proves that Dowanger could be Cinderella. She kept saying virtues of selflessness. It's not that it is a trait that should be omitted for a ruler but her idealology and the things she says is out of touch with the reality. It's as if she has suffered but gets everything handed down to her one day, magically. She kept saying "returns" as if she is pertaining a sort of supernatural being will go down and whisk their wand for everything to be fixed.

DAMN I LOVE HER!! SHE'S THE TRUE QUEEN ALRITE ❤❤❤

Ah, what naive worldview that queen dowager has. She clearly had never suffered to the point of desperation, because Cinderella always had those animals, fairy godmother, and good looking prince charming attending to her. But face it girl, not everyone could be a Cinderella. There is a bigger chance of meeting thieves and rapists than meeting a real life prince.

Thank you for all these new chapters! I was worried this story would never update. It’s such a good manhwa!

Man, the queen dowager is coming across as a terrible person. Telling someone, as the QUEEN, that aristocrats shouldn't care about money would come across as offensive to anyone, even if they weren't penniless. Her whole speach is a real "Let them have cake" moment

that queen can't even be called naive, she's just being completely ignorant and exploiting. see how she talked about sharing is caring? that's total bullsh*t in order to get the know-how of the flower appliques. she's literally pretending to be oh so moral and virtuous, but look at her true intentions - disgusting. I hate people like that queen. being kind and being a pushover really aren't the same like Mildred said

@lolawhiterabbit I take her meaning as -- it's one thing to know about the inequality of the past (or a setting like it); it's another to actually live through it. Her mind is entirely on the well-being of her daughters, who seem to have no inheritance waiting for them -- or if they do, it's likely quite small. She's speaking entirely from a pragmatic standpoint versus a "must fight for women's rights" one, which is understandable. She can only effect change in the sphere where she has influence; I'd argue that it's enough if she can prevent her daughters from living in poverty.

Users who are viewing this thread