A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Fed-Kun's army
@Eclat123 This, this, this.

True despair is when you truly run out of options. And those who are truly in need have no time to bother thinking about useless things but work to survive.

@YuriHeimurinn

She went through a decent amount of pain and suffering herself. It's a spoiler but let's just say the queen isn't as simple as you think.

Dex-chan lover
The dowager is a big dummy. Who cares if you become a beggar on the street, as long as you have your pride you'll be okay? Uh no.
And her aid would rather just give up and die instead of sell dresses? She can only say that because it's a hypothetical situation she'd most likely never go through but when people are actually desperate and starving selling dresses would be the easiest thing to do compared to your body or stealing.
It's telling the dowager was only looking for an answer to justify herself but she never considered what the price would be for holding onto your pride if things go really terrible.

They live in a world where losing your husband could be a death sentence for a noble if he didn't leave behind anything or you waste away the fortune and can't remarry. Previous Mildred was already going broke while holding onto her pride and abusing her step daughter because she couldn't handle the situation of being poor.
And why doesn't Mildred have anything from her first husband? Mildred is lucky she transmigrated before her original self ended up on the streets or something. Maybe her brother would have taken her on though or she'd have gotten remarried but what man from a good house would want a frivolous woman twice divorced with three kids?

Thank you for the translation!!❤️❤️😂
I’m so glad that someone picked up this series!! 😭😭

@JWChibi well said. These people can only say those things because they've never gone through those situations themselves. It's easy to judge other in their situation but it's a wholly different thing altogether to be in that situation. And you can see the way Miranda thought, she never thought about the potential daughters she'd have. Or if she did, she basically showed how selfish she was that she'd go and die and just leave her daughters alone possibly on the street and unable to fend for themselves. These are how privileged people think sometimes, even in the real world. They judge however they want and say horrible things sometimes.

There is no shame in what you have to do to survive. Be it stealing, begging, or prostitution. Whatever will get food in your mouth and a roof over your head.

Fed-Kun's army
The clear cut "Mom" is a bit of an air head when it comes to certain things, huh??

That disclaimer tho 😂

I'm grateful either way because you bring us such joy in reading this. Thank you for the hard work!

I'm glad that the queen dowager is actually asking someone else's perspective, trying to understand the situation better. Her perception is already under the belief that she's correct, but hearing how a person would just choose death rather than keep living on after having nothing, makes her willing to learn and understand more things.

That disclaimer tho 😂

I'm grateful either way since you bring us such joy on reading it. Thank you for the hard work!

When I saw the translators name I was already prepared for total chaos in grammar and content (maybe even blurr and everything)... but this is AWESOME QUALITY, so enjoyable to read thank you very much.😊

Users who are viewing this thread