A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom

The other daughters are so cute! I feel for them so much. Also, I thought we decided that this wasn't necessarily a Cinderella situation.

Mildred should stop fretting over ashley as cinderella..she is hurting the other daughters...jealousy between siblings is real..😒

Its not that she's favoring Ashley, its more of a general concern for her because she wasn't treated correctly by her father. You can't blame Mildred for that, nor can you blame Iris for feeling alienated. Overall shit like this can be solved with proper communication, but that really wont make for a good story now would it! Hahahhaha

@nvt2126 uh. Cinderella was named after cinders. Like ashes from a fire. Ella was never her real name, the stepfamily just made a name cntaining Cinder because she used to sleep in the kitchen fireplace and got covered in cinders. Other languages have made up names after cinder or ash, not Ella. The German version is Aschenputtel where Aschen means “ash”. Ashley. Do you get it now or should I explain more?

Also, a girl whose father remarried to a woman with 2 daughters after her birth mother died. Current!Mildred has Original!Mildred’s memories where she and her daughters abused Ashley before CM got isekai’d. It started exactly like Cinderella before CM started changing everything. Do you even fairy tale bruh?

Idk this feel that the author is a bit witty because lily is the one whose dress got ruined ergo she fit the cinderela narrative more even the whole her dressbeing the talk of the party. We also see sign that the prince has some thought about her. And mildred fixing her dress like "magician" making me think that she is the fairy god mother bec she is not the actual mother (isekai-ed). The magical carriage is not there but they got the free carriage anyway. Subtle things but i may have thought too much of this whole Cinderella things.

@Mitsui I think you're right, Lily's dress got ruined by one of her sisters and the fire (in the original story cinderella was called cinderella because she had to take care of the fireplace or something), Lily got all magic-ed up and it seems like Lily will be the daughter having romance.

Hmm so the latest chapter actually makes me think like Iris isn't going to turn into the jealous sibling.
Looking back at the previous chapters, even their first introduction, and this latest one, she seems more like the caring oldest sister troupe. The sibling that puts aside their own wants and desires to help the younger sibling who has it worse in some way. In that same way, Lily is the middle sister who notices this is going on, so when she was younger she tried taking it out on Ashley but now she's trying to support Iris however she can. The fact that Lily took that veil material aside, it may be she's hiding it for her own personal use (in which case I'm completely wrong) but it seems more like she recognized what Ashley wanted to be, saw the veil material would help Ashley and despite probably wanting it for herself, put it aside to hold for Ashley. And lovely Lily acted so well gaining their mother's attention back without causing any sort of fight or blaming Ashley, ah she's maturing!

I feel so sad that Mildred doesn't realize that Iris is suffering because she thinks Ashley has to be Cinderella. She's a wonderful mother but she's being led around by her idea that she has to follow the Cinderella plot and this is making her miss important things (like her own romance and the fact that her daughters feel a bit displaced by Ashley and how much attention she's paying to her suddenly).

jny

Definitely agree with what everyone has been saying about the chapter so far! Honestly, as no one else is aware of the Cinderella connection, Mildred just looks like she's favoring one daughter to marry the prince, esp to Iris and Lily. Mildred is aware that good looks matter when getting married but in that she unknowingly shows her daughters (like when she presents ashley first) that she does consider Ashley more 'marriageable', not them.
Ofc that's not mildred's intention at all and she pays attention to all of them whenever they're out, and pushing ashley's potential marriage more above her daughters is mildred's way of trying to secure their futures. It just seems like both daughters have caught wind of some of that tho and that kind of sucks since there's no way for Mildred to explain around that she does feel more secure in ashley's future marriage not because she thinks of her daughters as less but because she thinks she knows what will happen. Cant wait to see more healthy communication tho! hopefully!

I understand wanting to push Ashley cause she thinks she's Cinderella but its heart breaking to see iris and lily getting pushed aside :/

also [Ashley isn't actually Cinderella, she just thinks she is since her memories seemed to align with the story. the queen is actually Cinderella] which makes it even more sad cause its not [gonna be following the story cause she ain't her]

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

hello, person who's checking the comments!
Just a warning that the comment below has spoilers! i don't know when an admin would edit it. so just warning you now (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

This story is so well written, I delete the real Cinderella story from my mind and read this to my children when I have children. 😂 Noona lets make ..... 😨😱

I started thinking during Chapter 27...if this is indeed a fairytale, what if instead of a ditzy Fairy Godmother...we have quite a competent (and vaguely terrifying) Fairy Godfather? *stares at Daniel Walford* He sure is the type to have a solution for everything...

Lily and Iris are absolutely adorable! Seeing all these pointy noses as "gorgeous" has gotten old. It's refreshing to see different faces! Especially since they're so CUTE! <3 <3

I keep forgetting that Mildred isn't actually Mildred and is from another world. I honestly don't think the story needs it as it has no relevance to the plot and doesn't really make sense as she fits into the role of Mildred and an aristocrat perfectly, keeping up an image but having more forward thinking which i don't think she needs to be from a different society to have.

@aquasiox It has relevance i think, in the future chapters you find out that.
Mildred isn't the Cinderella's stepmom and the actual Cinderella story happened before Mildred came to the world. The OG Cinderella is the Empress Dogwar. And the ML is Fairy's son. He has Fairy powers and all.

Contributor
I wondered why the name had suddenly become awful, but it's because we're adopting the official English totally-made-up title for some reason? XD Alack and alas.

Is there an official stance on this sort of thing? I'm dubious of the merits of adopting dubtitle-esque names on a fan translation site.

Users who are viewing this thread