A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom

@aquasiox the story does need it though, because her stepdaughter was mistreated prior to "Mildred" being zapped in - as per the Cinderella tradition. The family tensions are necessary, and it also helps to explain some of her bizarre know-how and values that wouldn't have made sense prior.

None of that would've happened if MC weren't isekai'd because some of the ideas she draws upon probably aren't things OG Mildred would've come across even if she died and reincarnated.

As far as useless setups go, I don't think this one's too useless.

Spoiler from first few set-up chapters and the premise/summary
Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@lovolo There aren't many bad people or bad stuff as far as I know, by the end of the novel. FL and ML are together but there is something like, they meet in their original world or something, don't know the exact details. And Lily becomes a painter and marries way later in the story, cause she wanted to be a painter she decided not to marry at all and after she became a painter she married Douglas Casey. Iris marries the prince.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This is a pretty story, but the only thing that keeps bothering me is the fact that I don't know really what's the deal with FL.
I mean, she was isekai'd, I know that fact, but, what was her age? Was she married? Did she take care of children in her past life? What was her occupation? idk, something of the sort.

I believe that would give a firmer grasp of what kind of character is she.

Code:

Can anyone recommend something similar to this ? Only one i found is "A stepmoters marchen''

For fucks sake can people not shit out spoilers for the end of the story?

Contributor
I actually really like this one, it's nice to read a story with a adult female character for once instead of being reincarnated as a young girl.

Reread it 2 times, still always good.

But then again, if she treats her well it’s obvious the flow of events won’t be the same, and there’s a high chance she won’t be princess/queen.
Well, being a princess is not a prerequisite for happiness, so who cares?

Though the daughters of the first husband aren't stereotypically beautiful, I like that they are drawn that way and are quite kind and helpful.
It's actually refreshing.
They have individual characteristics, which is nice on its own in terms of writing. There looks are actually not bad at all, certainly not as bad as in other iterations. ... The fact that the (new) mother cares for all of the girls so deeply and is even willing to stand against common social norms to protect them, sincerely makes her a role model as a mother.

Users who are viewing this thread