A Witch's Hopeless Wish - Ch. 62

caidel :<,,,

also,,, same thoughts as @Jasnah, why didn't caidel die during the fire? i'm sure he was in the village back then as well..... (or is it because he has magic?)

Double-page supporter
It feels like their whole relationship is ultimately not real... I mean, we get overly saccharine flirting juxtaposed with Caidels brief lapses of character, plus the whole Noah thing was wrapped up way to suddenly. What I mean is, I think this whole thing is going to come crumbling done very soon. There seems to be a thin veneer of normality under which something more malicious is lurking.

It's honestly painful waiting for what's going to happen. 😤

Caidel is acting like he loves Ellen, but it feels really fake with all the constant flirting and it's finally showing with him squeezing her hand too hard and some other subtle hints. Just waiting for his mask to come right off at this point.

Come on gives us some chapters from his perspective already.

Aggregator gang
@choerrybliss if you're not joking. someone who sets things on fire (illegally) e.g someone who burns down a building (illegalyl) would be an arsonist.

I don't understand why he's still blaming her for what happened. The townspeople are the ones that started the fire (while trying to kill HER) in the first place. His Father abused him and no one tried to help him, so why does he care so much about what happened to those people??

And it's not like she intentionally killed them either, how tf was she supposed to know they would die?

PLEASE use your brain Caidel.

Well, after reading the afterword and some comments I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one feeling off from the whole chapter.
So, that's true I don't understand why Caidel would seek revenge for his father, but maybe the other villagers were kind to him (contrary to how they treated ellen as a witch). Even though he should have understood it was more of an accident than arsonery. While the villagers REALLY wanted to kill Ellen.

On another hand I'm starting to feel annoyed by the fact Ellen didn't do anyting from her own decision through ALL the 60 chapters up 'til here. She followed Caidel's mother, then Noah when he told her to sleep, and now it's Caidel and the Earl who tell her to work with alchemy.
Fuck, decide what you want to do by yourself already and stick with it.

And for the both of them: "Atone for your sins"? What sins? She didn't kill anyone? It was the demon or Noah who did that, even if she was the cause she didn't do it nor asked it? I mean, it's the same when you say girls aked for rape when they wear a short skirt.

Haaah, anyway, I'm done. Sorry for the long comment. I feel the story is about to tumble upside down and it's unsettling.
Then, I'm waiting for the next chap, thank you as always for the TL work!

Thanks for the update.

Caidel you can't hurt our Ellen please no.
You just can't. You mustn't. Please.

Perhaps Caidel is silently a psychopathic... he’s maintaining a visage that he’s a man in love but actually he’s waiting for a chance to give retribution 🤔

@Lost_in_breathing Lol, I did not expect this theory at all 😂 Someone that is psychopathic has no emotions, or maybe just the very negative ones in some cases. Therefore, they would not care to seek vengeance at all for other people around them. To give an approximate example, to them people are very much like NPCs. When an NPC in a game dies you may be like "oh darn, that one was useful *sigh*" and that's pretty much it it. Noah is pretty close to a potential psychopath, if you want a concrete example.

But even before all of that, it's not like we are looking at him and wondering "does he feel anything at all?". Since he is the main protagonist, the internal monologue is pretty much dead giveaway that he feels way too much. Which is not always a good thing, but that makes him the farthest thing from a psychopath.

My take on what is happening currently:
I feel the author is kinda playing us. I mean, if you want to foreshadow something you do it more...subtlety. Not like this, this is basically screaming "Caidel is hiding something shady" which makes me think the opposite is going to happen in order for it to be a plot twist. Aka trope-subversion.
Otherwise I don't know, the story would be far too predictable if it shove foreshadows down one's throat like this. And it wasn't predictable at all so far.

Users who are viewing this thread