A Witch's Hopeless Wish - Ch. 65

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Sooo, no comments on that hydra monster? I think it was pretty cool, before our main boi nothin personnell'd it.

I have a feeling that Caidel saw something in Ellen, although it does seem weird that he didn't catch her, so i'm probably wrong.

Thank you, I missed this! 😍
Okay, so I am actually enjoying that the author is playing a bit with the tropes and not putting them in their default forms like most other stories of this type. Like Caidel not being like "Oh, you made a deal with a literal devil? Welp, I like you so it's fine!". And he is also not like "I hate you right now, sorry", because as he said things are complicated and you can't just sort through the feelings instantly.
This is called character depth and nuance to how they act and I like it quite a bit. They will probably be able to work it out, but this is an obstacle to their relationship that for once it's not the big bad villain like usual, but themselves instead.

But hey I totally get why many of the usual readers of the genre and unnerved that the characters aren't the predictable single-minded-until-the-end-no-matter-what ones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh and Ellen is totally fine, if she would be able to die from just that then she would have probably done it a long time ago.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

damn author going around playin' us all year

now I have to think about the conflicting implications of him both reaching out and stopping his hand

english teachers be like "curtains are blue because" me reading this be like "but that time with the hand tho"

at least we're over with dragging around into real shit cause Eleanor's tired of holding off the answers herself

ellen sweetie i want to believe in caidel too but he’s been acting a lil sus for the past 10 chapters😭 also, i gotta say the art this chapter was stunning especially when caidel chopped up that monster😳😳🤩

Thanks for the translation! I think I needed to see caidel in tears a bit now I don't feel as pissed off at him anymore.

Dex-chan lover
inb4 ellen hits him with the :
''Dont worry i cant die...so theres no need for you to protect me''

coz mcfuck!, every time caidel hesitates noah gets another month of free rent inside ellen's head

We can never have peace with this manhwa but it gave me a little ease to see Caidel so desperate so that makes me think he genuinely cares for her at least 🤨

This is entirely speculation, but maybe Ellen put herself in danger on purpose to see if he would just leave her? Or to watch his expression so she could gauge how deep his resentment for her was. Because she wouldn't die from this, right?

Idk about y'all but Caidel's conflicting feelings are the driving force of this manhwa right now and i love it.

There's no doubt in my mind that he genuinely loves Eleanor but, he resents her at the same time (whether it's justified or not is up to debate) for being the object of his vengeance. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds from now (I hope they talk more openly the next chap)

Thank you for your hard work as always!

why is ellen still being hurt 😭😭 i thought we were pass this

thanks for the update!!

I still want caidel to play the long con to hurt Ellen. Cause he's so sus. Cause I would really like to see the beginnings of a disillusioned immortal's past, like Ellen .

Fed-Kun's army
It’s gotta be hard trying to justify your love for someone who ruined your life

HOW CAN HE RESENT HER WHEN HIS DAD WAS A DICK TO HIM AND THE VILLAGERS TRIED TO KILL ELEANOR. HE'S SUCH A FUCKING RETARD.

I kind of feel better 😄

@Dethaw who ruined whose life? Caidel's dad ruined both of their lives. Caidel had no allegiance to his dad...his dad was an abusive prick. Caidel basically gave Ellen a reason to live after his mother died.

Users who are viewing this thread