A Witch's Hopeless Wish - Ch. 67

Dex-chan lover
She should leave him, tbh. She probably would be happier sleeping for eternity... she can’t seem to find a single sincere complete happiness in her life... where as Caidel finds success and happiness and continued to blame the entirely wrong person for his shitty father’s death. She should leave and he should regret and grow from it.

Caidel has only fucked up

GIRL YOU BETTER STAY
Also, isn’t she technically NOT the arsonist? They had already set a fire to kill her, was that not the fire that was spreading?

I just binge-read this, thanks for the translation and for not dropping it even though it got an official English release 🥺

for the last 3 chapters, the ending panels have all been absolutely HEARTBREAKING :( seeing caidel cry like that, begging her to stay like a child i'm devastated

i don’t hate the fact that caidel feels this way i just hate that he pretended to be sincere to ellen while they were together. maybe i’m more bias towards ellen since she’s the mc but i care about her happiness more. i don’t think they should be together rn. not until caidel has sorted out his feelings and learned what really happened.

thanks for the update!

it's funny how noah sympathisers are so eagerly justifying how he literally gaslit, emotionally abused and manipulated ellen and how he admitted to doing all sorts of things just for shits and giggles and for his own entertainment but GOD FORBID caidel fakes acting nice and sweet for revenge... i don't think either one is justified and either side can be argued but it just rubs me the wrong way how people just take any chance to shit on caidel when he's understandably suffering from ptsd and trauma (which doesn't excuse his actions, i'm aware of that) and yet just bury their heads under the sand when it comes to noah and downplay everything he's done just because he's immortal and seen how fucked up humans are.

of course, ellen is ultimately the victim of this whole mess and god please give this poor girl a break :/

Dex-chan lover
@kassidy_ In all fairness, the sincerity was real, it’s just that the person he was lying to most was himself. In any case, they both need therapy.

Oh.... Dear.... Seeing him crying and begging her to stay with him like a child despite knowing he loves and resents her at the same time. This is incredibly sad. She's kind of right though. It's like an unhealthy relationship because he might never get over the fact she killed his father and village. Plus he would have to keep lying to his adoptive mom who would try to kill/harm Ellen if she finds out the truth. Oof the amount of angst in this chapter hurts!

This is heading into a dangerous territory now... Thinking yourself is not good enough for someone, therefore leaving them, is THE HARDEST hurdle to overcome. Its something they must fight off almost entirely by themselves. The other half can say he or she loves them a thousand times, but ultimately its up to the person to start believe they deserve that love....
And not to mention, there usually will be quite a lot of suffering on both of them before they reach that realization...
Ellen already felt so guilty for all those deaths, its going to be tough to let that go.

I personally think, when Caidel hid the truth from his mother, its already showing significant sign that his love weighs more than his resentment
(Plus , the first thing he did upon hearing the truth was to kiss her. Im going to argue that was what his mind truly wanted, before he let reasoning kicked in. That there, showed his true desire)

I do not think their sweet moments were his acting AT ALL. He is just trying to deceive himself so he would feel OK to treat Ellen as if they were a normal couple.

Ellen, please please please realize that you only leave a person when you dont have any love for them. (Or the other person doesnt love you anymore). Otherwise, there is no other reason to let go

Double-page supporter
Ooof this chapter hits hard

and yeah to be honest I don't think they are a good match at this point

okay ngl as painful as it may be, i think these two need some time away from each other in order to sort out their feelings cause right now they're both chaos to each other's thoughts
i think that they could definitely be a lovely couple and have a flourishing relationship with each other but in order for that to happen i think they need to stabilise themselves first before getting themselves into a potentially tumultuous relationship where both parties have some doubt and insecurity in their hearts

technically ellen isnt the arsonist cuz she was asleep, chained to the table and the fire happened. so the arsonist are the villagers ig?

and dang caidel begging like a child for ellen to not leave really hurt but they both need time to sort their feelings

TEARS ITS TEARS IM CRYING CAIDEL AND ELLEN LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS BUT THE TIMING AND CIRCUMSTANCES ARE NOT IN THEIR FAVOR

I know this was supposed to be angsty, but shirtless caidel distracted me especially the last panel--

i need holy water

“until we have seen someone’s darkness, we don’t really know who they are. until we have forgiven someone’s darkness, we don’t really know what love is.”

Users who are viewing this thread