Account login issue when changing to desktop view from mobile and vice versa.

Fed-Kun's army
Can somebody please help me in this matter?
Why does mangadex seems to be treating mobile view and desktop view as separate matter in regards to login activity? Whenever I tried to change to desktop view from mobile view and vice versa, I need to login again.
My browser is google chrome. I'm using it on phone.

Fed-Kun's army
@RoboMochi
Nope, I was saying the function of changing view mode cause some change in the cookies, or overwriting them hence force you to log out. Even if you change the view mode back, you will still be loging out.

Fed-Kun's army
@MavB_Ver
So it's like this:
Situation #1
Mobile view: currently login; change to desktop view.
Desktop view: currently logout; change back to mobile view.
Mobile view: still login.

Situation #2
Mobile view: currently login; change to desktop view.
Desktop view: currently logout; I login on this mode; change back to mobile view.
Mobile view: now it's logout; change to desktop view again.
Desktop view: still login.

I already tried with another phone, still the same.
I also tried duckduckgo browser, fresh install, so there's shouldn't have been any problem with cookies or whatever, aaaand it's still the same.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@RoboMochi Don't use the "desktop mode" on your phone. We don't have a different mobile and desktop site, the "view" you see is based entirely on your screen width. Using the desktop mode feature on your phone browser changes your user agent, which isn't the same as your mobile session, so obviously you wouldn't be logged in

Fed-Kun's army
@RoboMochi
In my case, if i was logged out, it will stay just like that. Changing back has no impact.

Edit: Forgot that I never check 'remember me'. So yeah, 2 instances.

Fed-Kun's army
@Plykiya
Thank you very much. It clears things up. I sometimes need to change to desktop mode to quickly grasp what's going on with the comment section and such. This site is the first one that I know that does it like this so I was confused. Didn't know changing view mode can affect user agent.

@MavB_Ver
Well, OK then. Anyway, thanks man. Much appreciated 😁

Users who are viewing this thread