Ad Astra - Scipio and Hannibal - Vol. 13 Ch. 81 - Epilogue: To the Stars

many many many many thanks for this scanlations.

definitely one of my favorite reading.

Double-page supporter
Cheers hox.

Shame there isn't a sequel manga on the Third Punic War

Thanks Hox for the translation.

The ending was ... decent , and more, faithful enough to what really happened ( unlike the battle of Zama *sigh* ). Yup, it was a not exactly cheerful end, but RL heroes tend to not end well :/

Dex-chan lover
Two of the greatest men in history, of so fine caliber, born in the same period, fighting the same battles on opposing sides, both getting shunned by political finger pointing, both effectively exiled into nobodies, both dying a pointless tragic death. This shit almost looks like destiny, and it's real life.
Goddam depressing.

Double-page supporter
It's bittersweet for me to see two great men wasted by political pettiness and arrogance. Thanks Hox for translating a great series, now I should start reading Historie..

Dex-chan lover
This was an amazing series. A lot of history were left out, but it was presented in such an interesting way that I wouldn't mind.

Contributor
And it ended :_
So tragic how both of them died and a reminder that many roman generals/emperors probably noted in the future, to not let politics drive their lives.

I like how the author did the most iconic end but we don't actually know if both died in the same year but I believe they did.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for seeing this through to the end. I'm still a bit regretful it couldn't be just one more volume, I definitely feel that it got rushed at the end in ways which detracted a bit from the grand finale. But that as much as anything is a testament to how good it was, and no punches were pulled in the epilogue either. I hope it brings one of the great epic wars and leaps forward in strategy in human military history to some new audiences!

Users who are viewing this thread