Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Till Forever

Group Leader
And so ends the story of Adachi and Shimamura. Till forever? Yeah, friends forever.

Jokes aside, if you do want to see how the story proceeds from here, I suggest you check out the LN over at https://dynasty-scans.com/series/adachi_and_shimamura_novel

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the ending kinda fall flat and don't go anywhere but remember that this version of the manga have been cut short. Hopefully the other version will go past that point. Also there is the LN too, for record the end of the manga is the end of Vol.3 of the LN.

Dex-chan lover
Sakura?! lol what a cute name... waiting for the day she calls her that.
Oh, this is published by square enix ? nice.

Don't forget there's another adaptation of the novel https://mangadex.org/title/37694/adachi-to-shimamura and this one should continue the story past this point... Or at least I hope! also there's an anime coming up too. In short.....careful with the spoilers xD there's a lot to cover

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, setting aside the effective cancellation, I like this version better than the other, and wish that it had proceeded at the same general pace until the story was brought to a more genuine conclusion.

Parents who implicitly (or explicitly) expect children to communicate like adults are idiots.

Dex-chan lover
HOLYSHIT what a fucking boring series, legit nothing happened, I'm wondering if something was supposed to happen but didn't because it got axed, heres hoping the other version has something actually happening in it OTL

Dex-chan lover
I like this version better than the other

I mean the pacing of the second version is more likely due to the fact that the first exist and people reading the second might have read the second hence why the pacing is fast till i suposs it goes over where it ended here.

I'm wondering if something was supposed to happen but didn't because it got axed

Well for starter yes and secondly Adachi to Shimamura is what they calla slowburn romance meaning the romance pacing is slow and progress is made little by little. For spoiler the LN is at Vol.8 and
Adachi and Shimamura start going in Vol.5/6 so this manga stopping just before Vol.4 reach no real conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to reading the original LN when released in Englisj

Aggregator gang
I am grateful for this adaptation of the story since it lead me to the original Light Novel that I enjoy a lot

Dex-chan lover
Definitely the better adaptation, the mangaka captures the characterization of Adachi and Shimarura perfectly. I'll miss this version.

Dex-chan lover
Now it time to pray the anime follow this version.

Dex-chan lover
Even after 18 chapters I can't get any mutual feelings from Shimamura... I mean Adachi's feelings are obviously unrequited, it's a bit of a boring story...

Someone spoil me, does anything happen in the LN? Do they actually end up together?

Aggregator gang
no offense but why would an anime adapt a cancelled manga instead of, you know, the original source? (also, I like this manga adaptation, but really it doesn't come close to the LN) the dislike for the second manga is that big?

@KaranVess
Yes, eventually Shimamura does correspond Adachi's feelings, however the fan translation still doesn't reach that part

Fed-Kun's army
God damn I didn't even know it was possible for there to be so many pages in a manga with literally nothing happening. Figures that people addicted to this genre will eat up any garbage that's served to them.

Dex-chan lover
@akole No need to be so harsh on yourself, it's fine if you don't find masterpieces all the time. We won't judge you

Fed-Kun's army
ya, like many have said, we can only hope the other version of this manga goes further in the LN that this one

Users who are viewing this thread