Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Till Forever

Double-page supporter
Season 1 of the anime would probably end at a similar point, unless they really are gonna speed things up for it.

Still surprised it got an anime really, it's quite the slow burner and mostly just the inner thought processes of each character. I am not quite sure an anime will be able to capture it quite right, but will be interesting to see.

Still a shame this one was axed.

Thank you, sneikkimies.

Dex-chan lover
… I honestly like the other manga's version more. Shimamura's cynicism there felt really refreshing, and actually pretty consistent with her character.

I hope the anime can capture the thought processes of these two well. It's the main selling point, after all.

The color panel is really great. Adachi's emotion towards shimamura has overcome her fear of social judgement. I guess that is what they say a picture is worth a thousand words

Fed-Kun's army
Tell me! What is the fuckin' reason to kill such a beautiful art like this!

I remember how shocking the cancellation was. They just said that the next chapter was the last one... It was so sudden. At that time it really felt like Adashima lost any chance of getting an anime adaption.

I feel like this was cancelled because in this version, Shimamura always looked like she was into Adachi. Whenever Adachi says something like "Shimamura hardly looks my way" it feels like it's not true. Also it lacks the gloomy atmosphere (but that's because it cut out a lot of the monologues). I think all these bits made it difficult to adapt the following volumes.

11 months later and I'm still sad with how this ended so abruptly :(

Plot twist, they both failed.
But yes, this was quite cute. really sad that it ended so abruptly. Though, it could do without the alien (its a cute gag as a child, but if that was actually supposed to go anywhere then it is incredibly out of place).
I think this could have gone much further. becoming like sisters would have been nice. Admitting her love even better. Continuing on to see their relationship slowly blossom would be the best. But sadly even I know the last one is pushing it. Few authors are capable of doing that transition naturally and keeping the genre. But I will continue to dream

looks like the adaptation is following this one,more or less..

that ending though...not in any way satisfying..i need to stick with the current version...

Users who are viewing this thread