Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 6 Ch. 37.1 - Hometown Dog

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

dont think i have much really to say that hasnt been said but i just really love the philsopicalness of this chapter

Dex-chan lover
I love every chance to see from Shimamura's POV and to hear her thoughts. Always very interesting and thoughtful. One of my favorite characters.
If you've not been reading the novel, then you should do so, as it provides much more of her thinking, including more of what was adapted into this chapter.

The licensed translation of the novel exhibits a much better grasp of the English language than does the pirate translation, but the pirate translation includes chapters bundled with discs of the anime, which chapters seem not to have licensed translations.

Dex-chan lover
I forget, did the little sparkly girl go with them? Maybe she can talk to dogs.

Dex-chan lover
If you've not been reading the novel, then you should do so, as it provides much more of her thinking, including more of what was adapted into this chapter.

The licensed translation of the novel exhibits a much better grasp of the English language than does the pirate translation, but the pirate translation includes chapters bundled with discs of the anime, which chapters seem not to have licensed translations.
I read all the novels and DVD chapters. I'm only missing the final LN (I'll get to that soon). You're right: the novels are where Shimamura's best qualities shine. Following her thought processes is one of the highlights of the series and they're given more room to breathe there. I joked last chapter that whenever a new manga chapter releases, I end up rereading the novels.

Users who are viewing this thread