After School Mate

Banned
The begining of this manga really started off with "I don't act like a girl so I must be a boy"

Also showed us how the character started reading LGBTQ+ and transgender books.

She isn't a boy. Just boyish. A tomboy. She's hitting puberty hard. And parents telling her she should be more like a "girl". She's in her rebellious years too..

Yet this manga really wants you to think her becoming a boy is progressive and good. With satsuki getting upset with himself when he called her a potential girlfriend.

Anyways, I'm not at all surprised by the scanlator teams translating this. Two big egg pushers who call otokonoko, crossdressers, and femboys trans.

Last edited:

The begining of this manga really started off with "I don't act like a girl so I must be a boy"

She isn't a boy. Just boyish. A tomboy. She's hitting puberty hard. And parents telling her she should be more like a "girl". She's in her rebellious years too..

Yet this manga really wants you to think her becoming a boy is progressive and good. With satsuki getting upset with himself when he called her a potential girlfriend.

Anyways, I'm not at all surprised by the scanlator teams translating this. Two big egg pushers who call otokonoko, crossdressers, and femboys trans.
If you don't like this type of stuff, why did you read it

"umm guys trans people are a western idea they don't exist in Japan stop forcing it on my manga!!!1! 🤓"

If you're soooo convinced the main character isn't transmasc then why don't you just read the original and translate it yourself?

Dex-chan lover
It's downright bizarre for this manga to lack LGBT tags when that's been a constant aspect of the manga. Rika is clear and consistent that he identifies as a man, and he goes through some very relatable trans experiences. Satsuki's sexuality in this situation may not be easy to put into words, because he doesn't understand himself, but he's attracted to the cute side of a masculine friend who isn't into men, thus the drama.

The tags on another great index are (Drama) (Not het) (Slice of life) (Transgender), and that's perfect. "Not het" may not be transcendentally 110% accurate, since trans man Rika is straight and I haven't read the final chapter, but the tag makes it clear there's some sexuality nuance beyond cis-het expectations. The Romance tag is slightly more misleading than helpful, but it's a murky publishing category so it's not worth worrying about. I'm not saying Managadex should use the tag sensibilities and culture of another site, but it needs to do something to get across what this manga is about.

Last edited:
It's downright bizarre for this manga to lack LGBT tags when that's been a constant aspect of the manga. Rika is clear and consistent that he identifies as a man, and he goes through some very relatable trans experiences. Satsuki's sexuality in this situation may not be easy to put into words, because he doesn't understand himself, but he's attracted to the cute side of a masculine friend who isn't into men, thus the drama.

The tags on another great index are (Drama) (Not het) (Slice of life) (Transgender), and that's perfect. "Not het" may not be transcendentally 110% accurate, since trans man Rika is straight and I haven't read the final chapter, but the tag makes it clear there's some sexuality nuance beyond cis-het expectations. The Romance tag is slightly more misleading than helpful, but it's a murky publishing category so it's not worth worrying about. I'm not saying Managadex should use the tag sensibilities and culture of another site, but it needs to do something to get across what this manga is about.
if only mangadex wasn't so averse to having queer tags. there are so many explicitly trans manga that get put under "genderbend" or whatever but there isn't even a "trans" category

Lol This manga failed imo. . The girl (yes I'm calling that girl a girl) was clearly just tomboyish. like the other guy said, She was just acting boyish and didn't seem to be attracted to other girls.. She needed someone to tell her she can be tomboyish and still be a girl, both the male friend and her parents didn't provide the help she needed. . I had friends in high school who acted the same way as this girl, the difference is that she had friends like me and other female friends that are wise enough to tell her that it's fine being a tomboy and still be a girl. . not like the stupid west that just goes and tell people you are a boy go get surgery! today she is a beautiful mom in a happy family. .

Group Leader
Acting like being a tomboy eliminates the possibility of being trans (not the literal argument but what comes across) is like calling taiyaki daifuku because both contain red bean paste. It's fallacious. That can't possibly be taiyaki! I mean, it has red bean paste in it!!

In their minds, a person can literally say they are trans and end up happy with their transition, yet still not be trans enough. Genuinely, what would make a character trans to you if literally saying and showing it isn't enough?

An anecdote about a cis tomboy they know being happy as a wife (appeal to tradition) somehow invalidates all the trans men who are happy in their transition. Both experiences are valid. You don't get one without the other. I am so glad that other users don't care for those comments and rightly call their nonsense out.

If you have a genuine interest in the trans experience and aren't just injecting your anti-trans politics into this manga, then please watch channels like Ty Turner, Jammidodger, and Noah Finnce with an open mind. They also appeared to be tomboys when they were little. Guess they're not trans anymore. Gotta go collect their trans cards now, I suppose.

Plenty of Eastern nations had trans folks under a different label (see Babaylan, or just do research instead of inserting yourselves into a topic with naught but assumptions and fallacies) before Westerners came and forced cis-heteronormativity (or what they call Christian traditional values, even though not all Christians enforce them) down their throats.

The only Western ideology present in the trans "debate" is transphobia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread