Again My Life - Ch. 72

Power Uploader
@Legion_01 No, I forgot the name and haven't become invested enough to bookmark it. It's a tragedy, the protagonist has to avoid the murder of his wife and daughter.

@Kendama This is a pretty fair assessment of the broader genre, which maybe is why it's popular. The power fantasy is what people are looking for in a place where they feel powerless. Especially because the power is more often than not, common knowledge. It's putting the reader in a place where they can imagine their knowledge being used. I mean, for an example that's in this manga, we all know about the 2007 financial crash, and presenting that as a problem and then showing a solution can be interesting. Although I totally understand how ultimately, this makes for a story with very low stakes and that can lead to someone not wanting to read it.

I'd be super interested to hear what of the broader genre you do like! I've read Death is the only ending for the villainess and it's great and I'm always interested to read more.

If you don't want to be charged for the crimes you didn't commit you gotta spend the night with me kind of stuff?

holy shit. kinda reminds me of Lelouch's quote about using greater evil to destroy evil.

@redace10 sex tape prosecutor probably means that the guy has sex tapes and uses them to blackmail people and rig court outcomes or control something. probably...

@omniRex if only it meant that... if only... but considering that Jang Il Hyun knows he has lost and wants to drag someone else (who is also a dirty prosecutor) with him... probably some evil intent behind those sex tapes.

@Legion_01 i like kill the hero.
even with his memories from the future didn't help him since he didn't know THAT much about the messiah guild in the first place. so far it's just him being able to clear dungeons. though such a shame about anything with 'memories of the future' and then they come up with garbage even if it's just a subgenre like solo leveling... it peaked and then the writer decided to hit us with a 'just kidding' and just realising i wasted all that time reading all like ~270chapters of solo leveling. I'm still reading like medical return but reading it more as a romance and ignoring the fact there's gods and reincarnation?. Kaifuku is just for you know 'eechi' kappa.
skeleton dungeon - because continue+ kek. Villainess with reverse hourglass - continue+ (i'm kinda of a sucker for this kind of time travel)

@jascaicps1
I like kill the hero for the same reasons. Skeleton dungeon I dropped it because he got stronger with each iteration yet the plot felt like it was going nowhere. Like dozens of chaps to know better the blonde monster-loving girl just to dump her. I don't like (even though I have yet to drop it) omniscient reader because not only there is the absurd premise that he was the only one in the world reading the novel and still remembers it, but also the author gives him the pdf of the full book on chap 1. Reading about someone who has a strategy guide kills the suspense for me. Most of the "reborn with a perfect memory of the future" stories fail to be interesting just as all those BS "Max level smth smth does smth" stories where the MC already starts so strong that the story could end at chapter 3. No matter if it's the power of knowledge or just maxed stats. Those stories have in common MCs with 0 char develop and 0 real challenge, so they are not interesting to me.

@Legion_01
For OmniscientReader, he's not the only one remember, maybe the manhwa hasn't reach there yet. And it's not like he got the novel script cheat all the time, it's just at first, then the novel cheat he got changed. I only read the novel not the manhwa. It's one of the most complex novel I ever read, it's not for readers who like simple only one goal/plot to the end story. At least it's better than SoloLevel novel for me. To understand better the comparison between the two novel length is 500s VS 200s, and Solo got rushed in latter half/third. The only thing I don't like for Omni is the ending, but Solo ending is worse for me.

@jafdn
I'm reading omniscient comic, not the novel. At least in the comic, thec heat is heavy. He knows anyone skills, all secret locations of loots and special missions, etc, etc. As for solo levelling, i don't like either the novel or the comic. Sure the actions scenes are cool, but that's it, the plot is flat, 0 char develop, and the secondary chaps are just meh. I'm just keeping the avatar because the img is cool and the first chapters were hype. not a SL fan.

Dex-chan lover
holy shit he's dragging them all down with him, I love it

@Legion_01 sorry to butt in but like, Omniscient starts off a bit low and like every other OP manhwa, but the plot get really thick later on and even if the MC is all-knowing, he isn't the strongest all the time. You gotta be patient for it to get to the good stuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread