Again!! - Vol. 12 Ch. 136 - Fuck Again!

Dex-chan lover
@Reademup it's not like all those relationships were truly trashed though. Remember what happened when he returned to his original timeline, whats-her-face was still in timeline two.

I read it that he didn't return to *his* original timeline but rather a third seperate one, this time with Danchou.

He lept into an Again from inside the Again, but this time it was to roughly where he started. Try not to overlook the fact that his friends were able to grow and live relatively good lives without ever knowing the future, and the MC's personal growth all came from knowing the future and trying to manipulate it.

The ending is basically him realizing this and resolving to make his life better with the power he has, realizing he's envious of those that were able to move forward and be happy not knowing what lies ahead.

Dex-chan lover
This last arc was really a fever dream. And I mean it in the worst way possible.
This series had a great start, a bit meh middle part, but the fuck happened in the end.
Either way, thank you for finishing the scanlation, Silent Sky. And thank you Village Idiot for picking this up in... 2012.

Dex-chan lover
Farewell, Again. It's been a long ride and I almost give up on you at one point. Thank you so much for translating it until the end <3

I've seen the end before and I'm pretty sure there are pages missing. If I recall correctly, Danchou was wandering in the future like Imamura was, that's why she was scared when she met him at last...

I don't know if it was on reddit with raws or wherever, can't remember where I've seen the ending before...

Glad I didn't follow this for its entire existence, but yeah, 135 was better than 136.

I like what @DirkHardpeck said about this being a "third" timeline.

I also don't enjoy the idea of Imamura basically living until the end of time itself as a ghost, coming back and just instantly being "fine."

Dunno. Everything got wrapped up too quickly. Danchou was a nice character, but so much doesn't make sense. I actually didn't understand that he took the Danchou "with" him into the third timeline until reading @DirkHardpeck's comment below, and that kind of makes it a little better (because if his progress with her was erased, it's like... why bother?).

Group Leader
@lightingcloud
there's not a "the end" or something, either...

There is, I guess we were just too lazy to TL it.
lfoUyY7.png

@kleiner Lemme know if you find it, but seems kinda doubtful, consider both the digital release of vol 12, the physical one, and the one done by kodanshacomics do not include any more pages. (However I think the original chapter in the magazine was just up to the last doublespread).

@DirkHardpeck put it best. If someone is angry because it wasn't what they expected. The manga was always a coming of age story that plays on the old adage that true personal growth happens unexpectedly and not from knowing the future. If that flew over your head then I got no idea what to say.

Plus I said this in the old post of this chapter and it was brought up again, the not very subtle thing about the final chapter is both Dancho and Imamura figuring out how to make a "golden" timeline where they both exist at the same time since in one timeline Dancho vanished and in another Imamura died. Besides it seems pretty obvious by the final pages that they both know they've Agained.

Dex-chan lover
Don't quite like this ending. Still got a lot of questions. And it feels like it's missing several pages, like, the flow is off. It just doesn't seem like an ending.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work scanlating this!

so, he basicaly he undid everything? But, why? and how he erased his memory?
Unless he didn't, and somehow the last scene is the original timeline?

edit: nvm after rereading, i think he just wanted to forget the future (his big monologue justifies it) and somehow got danchou with him.
not sure if like this manga or not, it's an okay mango I guess, but i would not recommend.

anyway, thanks for finishing this series

Double-page supporter
What the fuck? It ends like this? Really? So that Danchou that got a "bad ending" because she felt responsible and quit school is here... Or is this the danchou that got pregnant and quit society?

What the hell...

Group Leader
So much whooooshing over the head in this thread. Go back and read the first chapter side by side with the last chapter. Notice what's the same and what isn't.

If you still need the mangaka to spell out T H I R D T I M E L I N E for you after that, big yikes

And then she made Yuri on Ice and made the Persona 5 opening animation and she lived happily ever after

Lol

But yeah, hm, I think rereading this and the last chapter a few times together, yeah I get it.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for bringing us to the end, suck though it may through no fault of your own. (^_~)

Users who are viewing this thread