Again!! - Vol. 12 Ch. 136 - Fuck Again!

Aggregator gang
Damn, last arc was really disappointing. Imamura leaping through time... then againing again. It became a clusterfuck. As someone commented before, the first arc itself was godly, but the 'I want to die' musical arc is pretty good too. I guess the author didn't want to bother too much with time travel logic and left an open end?

Could anyone clarify the timelines if they got a grasp? Did danchou really get pregnant? I remember that in one of the chapters she's dreaming about this timeline, and does especially say there is no kid Chankuma.

But still it was a pretty good high school drama manga series, if not for the last arc

</3 :(
Thanks a lot to everyone involved in the project. I'm glad I was able to finish my favourite manga on this site :)

Double-page supporter
The last couple chapters were literally a "idgaf".... everything just seemed messy and confusing

Dex-chan lover
TFW somebody drops a Buddhist manga on you and calls it "school life romance"

Damn. This series was DEEP.

Dex-chan lover
Reading this in 3 days... what a great ride... I'm pretty attached to this characters. Its just a shame that this manga feels like getting axed.

A shame that many mediocre webtoons get a hundred of chapters and still going on while many titles I've encounter getting an absurd end just because the volume did not sell pretty well

@everath thanks for translating... it must be hard translating an underrated series with a low viewers and lively comments to discuss

Dex-chan lover
It was clear from the beginning that time travel was only a plot device but the author seriously messed up when the story forced her to return to that theme and wrap things up. It's was a pleasant read nonetheless that made me go haha many times.

I think this ending showing Danchou got AGAIN to original timeline, because Imamura didnt remember Danchou exactly (only remembered her on first year encounter, the original one). So now she prevent any AGAIN event to happen.

And chapter 40 is also confusing. Before he fall again, we see Danchou know Imamura’s name (but maybe cant recognize his face with long hair). And she wear same outfit as last chapter. Maybe somehow Danchou keep AGAINing trying to prevent Imamura to AGAIN (and finally get into right time on last chapter)

So its kinda granfather paradox? First mc go back time to make dachou jump to build to make her in that timing? It cool would love kinda ova what happen after those events

Ok, so I sat on it and re-read and everything.
I think this Usami is the one that Imamura couldn't find when he died.
She went looking for him and she must've Again'd to the right timeline. It's also implied that she eventually shows up to call out to him which alters his death.
The spark that Imamura had to check the Oendan in the first chapter was still there and it was clear Usami was the reason for it so her showing up at the end regardless could mean something comes of it, she probably wants to distance herself because her Imamura was already dead (and for some reason its a sin for the MC's to admit they love each other), and she just wanted to stop a loop from happening.
The ending is also implying that the Imamura and Usami on the last double page spread never Again'd and are still in that time together on a different timeline.
Like a Vice versa the Imamura who Again'd is with the Usami who didn't and the Usami who Again'd is with the Imamura who didn't.

In chapter 40 thats the bad timeline Usami that tried to Again in chapter 105(the dumbest reason) there's also a point in those chapters where it stops being an again and just becomes a terrible dream,
as she wakes up from her injuries with no recollection. I think the intention of that was the get the spark for her appearance in chapter 40 while knowing Imamura's name.

I still really fucking wish there was a confession from them.

Dex-chan lover
Meh. Vol.1-7 are great and then it really dropped off. Usami is very memorable and great in the first half but after that there is really not any character development, just extra characters and a convoluted storyline.

Group Leader
Finally finished this manga after forgetting about it at the tail end of the Taka arc.
It really lost the plot after that point, but even more than that, I feel like the author never really knew what they wanted the story to become.

The romantic threads with Usami, Reo, and Taka made it seem kind of like they were going to take it in a pseudo-harem direction like with Moteki, but nothing really progressed on that front after they nuked any romantic possibilities with Taka.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say the unfocused, pointless filler chapters in Volume 10 probably did enough harm to reader interest that the manga was axed soon after. Even with the marathon arc it didn’t feel like the author had any clear idea of how to wrap up the series, and stalled on giving any of the characters’ growth or relationships any real progress.

Anyway, here’s my take on the ending if anyone cares to read it. I picture the story as taking place in 5 timelines:
  • The original timeline, where the story starts and where Imamura briefly returns to
  • The Again timeline, where the bulk of the story takes place
  • The “Imamura dies” timeline, which branches off from the Again timeline and loops back into…
  • The “Imamura lives” timeline, which branches off from the same point in the Again timeline - this is where Chapter 136 takes place up until page where Imamura jumps down the stairs and hugs Usami.
  • The final timeline, which is identical to the original timeline except that the Usami from the Imamura dies timeline appears there and stops Imamura from going into his Again.
I’m not sure whether the Imamura lives timeline continues on with Imamura in it (since we don’t see any visual representation of Imamura switching timelines the way we have before, and it seems evident enough that he wasn’t going to hit his head falling down the stairs this time), or whether he does end up leaving/destroying the Again timeline and its branches by some act of conscious choice and “returns” to his original timeline without any memory of what happened.
This is up for debate. Regardless, Usami’s presence at the school and her recognition of Imamura and Fujieda shows that none of the manga was just a dream.

As for Usami’s pregnancy, which seems to be a point of concern for some readers for whatever reason, I think the filler chapter where she stupidly Agains herself, despite being as dreamlike as it is, does imply that this is what happened in the “original” timeline.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. Reo best girl.

Users who are viewing this thread