Ah! My Goddess

Dex-chan lover
There is a soft spot in my heart for Ah! My Goddess. The premise is totally silly, there's a ton of filler, the plot tends to be ridiculous, it's got all kinds of weaknesses, it's totally the kind of thing I don't read/watch . . . and ultimately I don't care. Belldandy and indeed our hero are so dang lovable. Some of the last episodes of the anime made me tear up.

There needs to be a follow up. Keiichi becoming a god so that He and Belldandy can have kids, and he has to do all these stupid crazy quest to do so. But it will never happen.

I agree with purple, this manga is great. It's one of those that you keep coming back to every few years, because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy reading it. Epic storylines and serious plotlines are all well and good, but sometimes we need something to make us happy.

Dex-chan lover
Always liked the side characters and mini-goddess the best, Keiichi is to painful to watch in large quantities.

Aggregator gang
Saw these being uploaded on MangaDex about a week ago and I thought I'd try it since it's already completed and I love Fujishima Kosuke's drawings. Wish I had read this years ago but better late than never. Really love this series.

Just finished re-reading this and feel like there should be an epilogue chapter.
I know there isn't but the end, although satisfying, still feels like its missing something.

Dex-chan lover
i'm so sad this manga ended like this, and also that it doesn't seem very popular here on mangadex :(

One thing i absolutely love about Fujishima is his incredibly detailed mechanical drawings of the machines, not to mention the insane detail work on the goddesses dresses.

I remember that i started reading this quite young and then shelved it for... probably a decade, seeing as this was ongoing for 24 years i discovered it well into it's serialization(i can only imagine the pain of waiting for chapters to come out when it was ongoing) and i can say it practically grew out with me, i still remember vividly that i stopped around the 10th dimensional scythe chapter haha so long ago!

I also remember reading several years ago that Fujishima got reeeeally into vocaloids and it slowed his output a looot(or i might be mixing it with Miura...).

@lvxferre the link is broken but yeah, the first chapters the art is really really bad, belldandy looks like a space-toad

@Skips it ends too suddenly, i mean the final volumes really feel like a side-story with the daimakaichou arc and then all the sudden it ends, in all the final volumes we rarely see a bike, and there's a TON of stuff left "unresolved" with all the other characters and storylines that beg for continuation, it feels like axe-kun got to him or a case of extreme fatigue.
Things got dropped in the way and never again touched for years, like Megumi, what happens to Sayoko, what happens with that girl(forgot her name) that's the new MC president and is in love with the dumb sayoko's cousin.
More than an epilogue chapter this needs an epilogue volume

Dex-chan lover
There's new spin-off - Beldandy decides to get a job (bla-bla-bla)

O24728V.jpg

😍😍😍

Dex-chan lover
this is absolutely fantastic
can't believe I missed it for this long

@TheBanditKing But that would defeat the entire purpose of the "gate" (From the movie), where different species are put to the test and can love each other despite their differences.

The reading order is weird, some chapters read right to left, some left to right. My brain is confused 😵. Can someone tell me why its like this? Am on Ch.45 at the time of writing this.....

Dex-chan lover
Great manga. At first, the side characters were super annoying, but they grow on you. The man characters are also super lovable. It was great seeing keichi grow and mature as a person.

Group Leader
This manga is just a bike-enthusiast manga disguised as a romance comedy disguised as a SF shonen with goddesses and futuristic stuff.
I like all 3 so it's not a real problem !

Users who are viewing this thread