Ai dm session #92898 | dri-ai | for ivegotnolife

Dex-chan lover
A component as vital as the core, and it's vital components within the core cabin is bound to have multiple network com buses and redundant interface modules built into it's peripheral infrastructure. I'd like to cycle through the networks , and ping the modules in a effort to isolate defective components and/or comm buses responsible for the data stream corruption. So I can determine what may need to be powered down next to conserve power and eliminate gibberish from the network.

Double-page supporter
@ivegotnolife you shut off nearly half of these components but your not sure why you did this as theres no one to talk to via radio or machines that you can even connect to via cable or camera

Dex-chan lover
OOPS! I think I need to clarify! Modules within a multiplexed control system communicate via a network bus link upon which the modules share data related to input sensory data, status, and the like. The main benefit of a multiplexed system is so each individual module in the system doesn't have to have it's own individual sensor for the information it requires to function because the modules can share the information provided by a single input to a single module and that directly receiving module shares the data with the group. (For example: a ambient temp sensor input. The sensor may be directly connected as a input to the climate control module, but the data center in the console, and engine management need the ambient temp data as well so the climate control module shares the information on the data bus.) I was just working on the assumption the data stream corruption that's mucking up the ability for the network to transfer information could be caused by defects in the networked modules, or the hardwired network buses. In that case the issue could be improved by transferring to a hardwired network in better condition, and powering off modules that may be damaged or malfunctioning and transmitting bad data or noise.

Dex-chan lover
While debugging the systems within the core cabin, and my chamber, I'll consult the database for info pertaining to any high level AI equipped repair and maintenance droids that may be moving about in the debris field with the sensor and scrapper drones. The scrapper and sensor drones strike me as being useful as mindless brawn and midlevel job supervisor, but they still need a brain in their work groups. I seriously doubt the flesh and blood engineering crew members were the ones crawling through bulkheads, conduits, and machine rooms to perform advanced level diagnostics, and repairs.

Double-page supporter
@ivegotnolife the databases concur that no high level ai drones were kept on board but the ai cores to give drones higher levels are stored with in scattered tech storage units. these were kept aboard for long range jobs during terraforming phases and left to aid in colonization. from your data base rougly 20 alpha level ai cores were still aboard the same level as you. theres hundreds of extra lesser level ai cores stored in general storage too. the main problem is locating the storage rooms among the asteroid belt of scrap

Dex-chan lover
What level is the AI equipped within the miner drone? Is it's size and general physical specs the same as the scrapper drone, but equipped with miner tools?
Also can the scrappers tool kits be customized, and exchanged for tools better suited for delicate high precision tasks?

And just to let you know as I'm debugging and reconfiguring my integrated and peripheral systems I intend to give my subordinate CPUs involuntary OBD (on board diagnostic) protocols a bit of tough love!
Just so you know here's a bit of insider info on how electronic control modules generally deal with the concept of OBD to maintain the systems operational integrity, and to cope with malfunctions.
One common method to safeguard sensor inputs that are prone to corruption by induced voltage interference, is for the module to feed a known baseline voltage through the circuit that overrides interference, and provides a means for circuit integrity verification (much like a electrical Multimeter device's continuity meter.)
during normal sensor function the signal piggybacks on the baseline voltage feed. This practice means that any sensor circuits that have known defects are potential electrical blackholes.
Another common strategy is for the module to cycle actuator devices to check for and confirm desired state changes. (I suppose you've noticed the various clicks,
whirs, buzzes, beeps and lights that cycle when a car's ignition switch is turned on, that's what I mean!) The problem with this is the fact I've personally encountered situations where a actuator will just just cycle constantly due to a mechanical defect the module can't detect, but it will continue the process blindly in it's quest to confirm the expected state change confirmation it wants . (the definition of insanity is to do the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. I can confirm electronic modules are insane!) This practice is a definite power hog!
When modules connect to the network buses they broadcast a digital ID the other modules receive and acknowledge as confirmation all network modules are functioning. But when a module doesn't connect the network modules tend to lose their head, devoting alot of effort to error messages and efforts to establish the lost connection. The disconnected module will beat it's brain out trying to establish a connection. If the modules are just linked by a hardwired network power consumption by this practice is a bit debatable, but if the modules also have wireless capability, and they are allocating power supply to broadcasting aimed at reestablishing contact with modules that were based within the lost portions of the ship, that's another waste of power.
Then there's the obligitory garbage in garbage out scenario, "if I see this input status I do this!" whether the output is even relevant based on current circumstance is highly debatable because a when the door switch sayes the doors open the light should be turned on does me no good.

Basically I'd like to take control of these involuntary functions so I can get a handle on these situations, and can make the decisions a CPU normally can't in these examples. Basically a administrative mandate (if it's dead stop poking it, and stop indulging phantom squeaky wheels!)

Double-page supporter
@ivegotnolife the miner drone is equipped with a gamma level ai core and yes it’s a salvage drones but with mining equipment. And yes the scrapper kits can be exchanged the main problem is finding the new toolsets.

And I can’t exactly wander what you just said for anti ai take over reasons

Dex-chan lover
OOPs, Was I starting to turn into SCINET? 🤖
I was just hoping to gain some more time on the power supply depletion countdown timer by engaging in a bit a power vampire slaying. and trying to sort out some data network issues because some of my plans involve direct cable linking my network to drones in a bid to upgrade their stats, and accomplish tasks with their hardware the lower level AI cannot handle.
The long data crunching session earlier spooked me a bit because I wouldn't expect a Alpha level AI to have that much trouble deciphering information from a data feed unless the module in the SMES management system has a defective data link, or the data bus was almost completely fried. If that's the case I hope switching data buses and utilizing backup interface modules can restore normal data transfer capability.

Also I'm wondering whether the core cabin has a functioning network interface panel to allow the connection of additional peripheral components?
Did the ship have passive remote control mini droids that were controlled by the engineering division, the core AI , or both, for use in repair and troubleshooting operations in areas where a flesh and blood engineer or salvage drone and sensor drone couldn't work?

Double-page supporter
@ivegotnolife the cores does have a functioning network interface pannel for the connection of new components.

the ship did not have minidoids for that purpose.

Dex-chan lover
I've been keeping use of my wireless transmitter / receiver hardware to a minimum because I (earthbound flesh and blood ivegotnolife) don't know how much power it's extensive use would consume. If for the sake of example I just went wild, opened all channels, and just spammed and blazed away in all directions as far as I can transmit without the benefit of the ship's antenna, and fire up the gain , compressors, signal amps to the max to suck in even the weakest of signals from space for about 24 hours just how much effect would it have on my power supply? 😬 And how does my personal range under these circumstances compare to the operating range of the sensor drones?

On a side note I assume the 2 salvage drones I kept back while I sent the rest on a mission are still in the cabin with me? Whats the broadcast and receiving capability of the salvage drone?

Dex-chan lover
So my long range transmission capabilities without the shipbased systems are the same as a sensor drone? And my hardware is high grade enough that it's use consumes practically no power? 😀

I'd like more information about the robotics facility, How it used to function. Was the production systems automated. Are there robotic manipulator equipment still present, and are the manipulator equipment tools compatible for retrofitting onto the salvage drones?

Double-page supporter
the robotics facially was more or less an area for crew members to create new drones and put togeather ones via the high end 3d printers to reproduce drones and other robots they wanted or needed

@ivegotnolife

Dex-chan lover
What's the operational status of the 3D printers now?

I'm wondering if there is a functional small or midsize 3D printer unit available capable of reproducing a precision tool pack for a salvage drone.

Are there any storage modules in the robotics facility? While the 3D printers in the space age are advanced enough to print a drone, I suspect they are not advanced enough to just print a core or a functional drone power module. If I'm correct they would have to keep radioactive fuel isotopes for the power units in inventory somewhere nearby if not in the production area.

Does the robotics facility have a backup power supply? While the 3D printers are running a intricate component build even a small power hiccup could ruin the component so it would make sense for there to be a power supply backup of some sort. APC, SMES, a on demand mini nuclear reactor genset? 😃

A small breeder type reactor would make sense as a means a producing a unlimited supply of fuel materiel for the new drone reactors. If it was integrated into the robotics facility's infrastructure it would have the added benefit of producing power for the machinery as well.
(Unless it's what blew up!)

Instruct the drones working on the Robotics platform to properly disconnect /isolate the miner drone's power supply so it can stabilize, regenerate, and maintain storage if possible, rather then just drain away power output by the reactor powered genset. 🤖

Double-page supporter
@ivegotnolife the robotics facility does not contain power production as power is produced via singularity engines which is extremely efficient. The robotics facility only contains a apc as does every other room aside from engineering and your core room.

The drones immediately begin extracting the miner drones reactor. They managed to isolate but in the process shredded parts of its radio.

Dex-chan lover
The drones immediately begin extracting the miner drones reactor. They managed to isolate but in the process shredded parts of its radio.
OUCH! Eager little buggers aren't they? 😨 I seriously need to get them equipped with some precision tools, and need to hook them up with some surgical level dexterity training. Did they manage to remove the reactor in functional condition at least? 😖

Is the APC in functional condition, and does it's storage battery still have any power left in it?

Users who are viewing this thread