Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - To the Heart’s Core

Group Leader
Man this is coming to an end isn't it, I'm gonna miss it.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
While I would usually agree with such a reasoning (butter still superior tho lol)...not just margarine, they were eating cream stew too? It literally says on a panel "add roux and Milk"? 🤔

I don't want to turn this into a huge discussion, because we really don't know... but soy milk is quite common in Japan, for the same reason (as well as the general prevalence of soy products).

Also, yes, butter is clearly superior in terms of taste.

[EDIT: No, I'm wrong. It clearly says 牛乳, which is cow's milk.]

Dex-chan lover
Wait... the series isn't over??? We have like 6 more chapters????

So we get to enjoy them being a couple??? Like, I'd have liked them to date sooner.... but.... just the fact that we get a few chapters of them as a couple feels like such a treat....

Dex-chan lover
I have been waiting for this to turn into a romance. They are practically married already except for not sleeping together. Yay!!

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad the author chose to do the confession as low key and natural as possible. It was very in their nature and sweet to communicate like this.

Double-page supporter
While I would usually agree with such a reasoning (butter still superior tho lol)...not just margarine, they were eating cream stew too? It literally says on a panel "add roux and Milk"? 🤔
Butter is not a traditional part of the Japanese diet, though it has become common since the 1960s, when westernisation of the Japanese diet increased the demand for milk and dairy products.
Found on internet but I suppose it could be a good reason. Another one can be costs, margarine is cheaper than butter and they don't seem to be wealthy.

Dex-chan lover
god i fucking love this manga so much and these characters and the FOOOOOD

Dex-chan lover
Butter is not a traditional part of the Japanese diet, though it has become common since the 1960s, when westernisation of the Japanese diet increased the demand for milk and dairy products.
Found on internet but I suppose it could be a good reason. Another one can be costs, margarine is cheaper than butter and they don't seem to be wealthy.
Oh yeah my issue wasn't why they ate margarine but if they really were lactose intolerant as other user said. But the issue was solved already 👍

Users who are viewing this thread