Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Vol. 6 Ch. 41 - The childhood friends always watched

Group Leader
go ahead and read 42 - though looking back at my first scanlation does make me cringe...
Is this the first time we've seen Yukiya admit the game is a farce?

Also, maybe Pocky in the bag...?

Dex-chan lover
Nothing is ever set in stone.

It is indeed messed up, but not in a particularly good way.

The "outta your league" thing is an illusion. The people who care about that care more about appearances than the actual people involved. Or they're too insecure and making excuses.

Gotta be deluded if she'll stick around? Is that why she's still sticking around quite adamantly? There's something to be said about her sticking around despite all of the reasons he can think of that she wouldn't.

He's a bag of insecurities — the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
If he keeps that mindset up I could see the relationship actually failing in the long term, like he'll eventually reach a breaking point/never feel like he's good enough. All his insecurities aren't going to magically go away if he wins the game

Group Leader
Reupload? I guess you fixed some stuff, thank you TL.
not a reupload, I did this by myself (using the official TL to help occasionally when I was unsure). I'm picking up scanlation to practice my language skills so it wouldn't make sense for me to simply repost official (which is not allowed on mangadex anyway)

Group Leader
regarding the TL notes: マスター / master probably refers to the cafe's boss, hinako's colleague all the way from chapter 1. don't recall if he appears again through the rest of the chapters but hey, hope that helped.
ayy thanks bro

Group Leader
Nothing is ever set in stone.

It is indeed messed up, but not in a particularly good way.

The "outta your league" thing is an illusion. The people who care about that care more about appearances than the actual people involved. Or they're too insecure and making excuses.

Gotta be deluded if she'll stick around? Is that why she's still sticking around quite adamantly? There's something to be said about her sticking around despite all of the reasons he can think of that she wouldn't.

He's a bag of insecurities — the chapter.
I was incredibly tempted to flame Yukiya in my TL notes but decided not to for the sake of "professionalism" 💀💀
I honestly think Yukiya's behaviours are extremely cringe and his self-deprecation is laughable honestly.
Even he is aware in some capacity that Miku likes him - he is literally holding himself back despite knowing that the girl he likes, loves him too. Even he knows that she wouldn't have stuck by his side for so long and being willing to play the game for so long - if she didn't like him.

I might add that the "outta your league" part was kind of a creative liberty I took on my part
Originally, she said ...確かに、みくちゃんくらい可愛いと、色んな男の子寄ってくるからね、不安になちゃったよね。
More literally, it would be ...that's true, Miku-chan is that cute after all - so much so that most guys are drawn to her; I can see why you'd feel anxious over that.

My bad if my "creative liberty" lead to a misinterpretation...🤔

Last edited:
Group Leader
If he keeps that mindset up I could see the relationship actually failing in the long term, like he'll eventually reach a breaking point/never feel like he's good enough. All his insecurities aren't going to magically go away if he wins the game
that's the magic of manga - I bet his insecurities are just going to magically disappear away once he gets with his girl. Such is the world of manga, I would be very impressed if the mangaka addresses his core insecurities in a realistic manner but I doubt such a thing will happen in a cute SOL romance manga, ya get me?

Dex-chan lover
I was incredibly tempted to flame Yukiya in my TL notes but decided not to for the sake of "professionalism" 💀💀
Yeah, that's not something to throw into the translation, even for something as informal as this site. Although, since you have the TL notes as a separate credits page (rather than margin notes), it's a little less of an issue, since there's a lot of crap thrown into those around here. Still, probably better to just write a post about it like the rest of us.

Even he knows that she wouldn't have stuck by his side for so long and being willing to play the game for so long - if she didn't like him.
That's the major plot hole of the series. They both know their reasons for playing the game, so they should both know they don't need it. And it only takes one of them to take that step, since the other will absolutely follow.

It's where the premise of the manga keeps the plot stagnant. Kaguya blatantly broke that, and no one sane complained. Others get lambasted for keeping up with it despite being way too far into the character development and/or plot. The premise is the set up and how a story starts, not necessarily the be-all-end-all definition of the entire story.

Group Leader
That's the major plot hole of the series. They both know their reasons for playing the game, so they should both know they don't need it. And it only takes one of them to take that step, since the other will absolutely follow.

It's where the premise of the manga keeps the plot stagnant. Kaguya blatantly broke that, and no one sane complained. Others get lambasted for keeping up with it despite being way too far into the character development and/or plot. The premise is the set up and how a story starts, not necessarily the be-all-end-all definition of the entire story.
The way I see it, I think the game itself is coming to an end soon - it has to be unless the mangaka severely throws the manga.

I think once this "girlfriend-boyfriend" act is up, they might become a couple.

And after that, whether the rest of the manga continues showing them as a legit couple or just straight up ends on them confessing is up to the mangaka...

This is all my own speculation though.

Dex-chan lover
that's the magic of manga - I bet his insecurities are just going to magically disappear away once he gets with his girl. Such is the world of manga, I would be very impressed if the mangaka addresses his core insecurities in a realistic manner but I doubt such a thing will happen in a cute SOL romance manga, ya get me?
Yeah, it would be good to see a more nuanced look since he is clearly struggling with complex emotions and self worth issues that are seemingly noticed by others but not his best childhood friend

Dex-chan lover
I first thought, this game will bring some positive development for Yukiya like stepping out of his comfort zone but we didn't get much development either. Not much has progressed, he's still loathing himself instead of doing something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread