Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai

The premise is good and I can see what they are going for with this manga, but my main problem with this manga comes from the male lead and his character as a whole. He has been talking about changing himself and improving as a person for over 50 chapters for over 3 years now from its initial release in 2021, but so far all he has done is say things along the line of “im not good enough, she is too good for me, i need to improve myself to stand by her side.” and while there is nothing inherently wrong with that statement, when all he is doing is self deprecating himself and not actually doing anything that will have a lasting impact on him and his image of himself and for those around him, you are just making excuses for your own cowardice. And those corny lines and actions he does when they do the love game doesn’t count as “bettering himself”. Even in the latest chapter with the relay race he is pinning everything on whether he wins or loses against the random dude he feels inferior to. Maybe actually start talking to people and try to improve yourself instead of only trying to feed your ego or change your exterior style?

Users who are viewing this thread