Akanabe-sensei Doesn't Know about Embarrassment - Ch. 1 - Sensei's Confession

Dex-chan lover
They're only 4 years apart, I was lied to. This isn't an age gap wtf...I'm still reading this tho

Dex-chan lover
While I'm glad we didn't delay being in a relationship, for some reason it really feels like the pages are out of order. I had whiplash when he talked about being in a relationship with her then suddenly underwear made him more embarressed then a shounen protag when he's 20yrs old lol. I just really hope this series doesn't have him be some beta cuck that acts like a pre-teen and acts like they aren't gf/bf.

Dex-chan lover
20-24 is barely an age-gap, lmao. Dunno why that's on the tin.

Now the silly forward sensei, that's great.
I don't think you can even call that an age gap
They're only 4 years apart, I was lied to. This isn't an age gap wtf...I'm still reading this tho
I'm guessing in Asia more then like 1 years apart counts as age gap, not the first nor last series I've seen with this. Was reading a manwha yesterday where they only had a 5yr gap and people around them were treating it like it was the best joke ever that they could be together so far apart.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing in Asia more then like 1 years apart counts as age gap, not the first nor last series I've seen with this. Was reading a manwha yesterday where they only had a 5yr gap and people around them were treating it like it was the best joke ever that they could be together so far apart.
It's just like a lot of their stuff, it's extreme or nothing. It's either a romance where one is 30 and the other 12 and it's somehow fine, or one is 23 and the other 21 and it's somehow a huge deal.

also I genuinely thought her hair was (and would look better) in red, you cant really tell in the panels thats its black/dark blue tbh

Dex-chan lover
Right? I started reading and I was thinking, oh she must be like 40 something while he just reached 18. NOPE, she's only FOUR years older!? Bro, come on. That's not an age gap, that's a trip to the grocery store.
Maybe we're just too used to the crazy age gaps in manga, I'm looking at you shota authors

Dex-chan lover
Good start but I have one problem: How can a 24 yo and a 20 yo dating be considered "age gap"? :question:
Have we gone so far down in the fetishising youth rabbit hole that anyone over 20 is considered an old fart??

Dex-chan lover
I like how it calls itself an age gap romance, but there is barely a gap. 20 and 24? Both of them are in their early 20s, I would hardly call that an age gap.

Users who are viewing this thread