Akanabe-sensei Doesn't Know about Embarrassment - Ch. 6 - Sensei's Impulse

Aggregator gang
It should have been me, etc, etc...

But seriously, it's kinda annoying how our MMC is having trouble just saying his girlfriend's first name despite him being an adult, while Akira is just normal or a bit aggressive at most.

There's herbivore men, but this is not eating at all.

Dex-chan lover

But seriously, it's kinda annoying how our MMC is having trouble just saying his girlfriend's first name despite him being an adult, while Akira is just normal or a bit aggressive at most.

Give him a break, it's his first girlfriend and also really off the rails in terms of a start.
Also Japan has a different sense of modesty.

Dex-chan lover
I guess we can't have too much progress.. MAN.
6ab.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Honestly after just how many unlikable and pathetic MCs I've come across in manga, this guy really doesn't seem that bad to me lol. He's still definitely nervous in a...culturally different? sort of way but he's aight. It helps that because she likes him so much, it doesn't really feel like there needs to be a dynamic change. Like if you ask her, he's already doing everything right, so it's not like it's impeding any progress.

MD@Home

I think the author also took notice, which is why this time they were interrupted by the movie, not by the guy freaking out. I guess that counts as progress...?

Dex-chan lover
I think the author also took notice, which is why this time they were interrupted by the movie, not by the guy freaking out. I guess that counts as progress...?
It's both funny and a little sad (like I kinda feel for the author) that we're only six chapters in and everyone simultaneously loves it but hates the actual core idea behind the story, which is that she's cool and not embarrassed but he is. I guess it's probably more of a "you're at a 10, I need you at a 5" adjustment but it's still wild how fast the author may be needing to pivot.

Dex-chan lover
I just hope this becomes a subversion of the usual recipe.

You know how we're supposed to yearn to become the protagonist of fiction XYZ, I think that's the case with Japanese people and the herbivore male main characters -- perhaps they see modesty, humility, and self-control as virtue. Maybe they're just unaware that this is too much.

Which is why I hope this manga will be a subversion of that. I hope the mmc starts with being a herbivore but learns that he is just denying things that would pester the relationship, so he pushes his embarrassment aside to embrace the "wholesome stuff" fully. I hope future authors will read this manga and copy it.

Dex-chan lover
What a bata CUCK FMC. Just gonna stop before taking those lips. 1/10 when will these herbivore FMCs learn to just do what they want their men to do, and not let the plot sop them.... ~sarcasm~

Users who are viewing this thread