Akanabe-sensei Doesn't Know about Embarrassment - Ch. 7 - The Date with Sensei

Dex-chan lover
Is this type of behavior common in Japan? I've seen this so many times in manga, but I've never seen it happen IRL in my country.

6LD53Id.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Is this type of behavior common in Japan? I've seen this so many times in manga, but I've never seen it happen IRL in my country.

6LD53Id.png

Thanks for the chapter!
Honestly, everything I can find on the topic suggests manga may actually downplay how common it is; while anecdotal, I came across a reddit thread on the topic of quite a few people recounting their experiences with it and Wikipedia mentions that public places have basically started putting up "no nanpa" signs after a dude straight up abducted four girls in '03.

Dex-chan lover

6LD53Id.png

Thanks for the chapter!
There was a recent incident where these 4 nanpa dudes beat a guy who was trying to stop them from hitting on his coworker and trying to force her to go with them. Hopefully they get jail time.

Dex-chan lover

6LD53Id.png

Thanks for the chapter!
Nanpa?
It's actually quite common, but it also depends on the place.

You're a woman in the middle of Tokyo? Or on vacation in a popular spot alone or with a few other girlfriends?
Expect to encounter these guys every day, and I'm not exaggerating.
(There's a reason why the "Guys hitting on the FMC in the usual beach-themed episode" trope is so common.)

You also have to be very careful of Butsukariya (guys bumping into you), Chikan (groping), guys in cars stalking women, etc., etc.

It doesn't help that there are also women who use these dudes as a way to get a free meal or even a place to stay that night, in exchange for sex, which motivates these dudes to keep trying. Obviously, I'm not putting the blame on women, that would be a mistake, but I mean in the sense, that the entire system actually works for them in one way or another.

That being said, we focus on Japan because of the media we're reading, but the reality is that, pick-up artists are just about everywhere

Dex-chan lover
Nanpa?
It's actually quite common, but it also depends on the place.

You're a woman in the middle of Tokyo? Or on vacation in a popular spot alone or with a few other girlfriends?
Expect to encounter these guys every day, and I'm not exaggerating.
(There's a reason why the "Guys hitting on the FMC in the usual beach-themed episode" trope is so common.)

You also have to be very careful of Butsukariya (guys bumping into you), Chikan (groping), guys in cars stalking women, etc., etc.

It doesn't help that there are also women who use these dudes as a way to get a free meal or even a place to stay that night, in exchange for sex, which motivates these dudes to keep trying. Obviously, I'm not putting the blame on women, that would be a mistake, but I mean in the sense, that the entire system actually works for them in one way or another.

That being said, we focus on Japan because of the media we're reading, but the reality is that, pick-up artists are just about everywhere
The fact that guys hitting on girls and guys bumping into you have actual terms in Japan is surprising to me for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread