Akatsuki no Yona - Ch. 243 - The Night We Parted Ways

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Somehow it feels like some kind of reconciliation.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Yona will have a short lifespan too, just like King Hiryuu. Also wondering what is Soo-woon's supernatural power.

Dex-chan lover
I'm on Hak's side, because I think Soo-won is not fair on toying with Yona's fates as if he's remaking them in his own hands. It's not like Yona is a degenerate that couldn't feel other's pain. Don't say you don't have a choice, he did have choices but to choose the bad path only. For example, Soo-won could advise Il to send her to Awa to befriend Lili to see her own kingdom, make her interested in medicines or politics, etc. At that time period when Yona was still in love with him, I think she will listen to him. I shudder to think to let Soo-won pretend to marry Yona and then abdicate the throne to her. He doesn't need to kill Il only for the sake of saving the Kingdom. Was it to save the Kingdom or your pride?

Double-page supporter
Why was I expecting something different from the bastard soo won. His “excuse” for getting the throne is still as ridiculous as we all thought it was. Whatever man just leave them alone stop coming back and dumping more of the problems YOU MADE onto them time after time. 😕

It sucks bc I do want a cure for the curse but not for him only for mei she deserves a second chance at living the life she wants with her cute squirrel and bf 😭 tbh I hope that if there is a cure he just. Doesn’t get in time. 🤭

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Yona will have a short lifespan too, just like King Hiryuu. Also wondering what is Soo-woon's supernatural power.
I think this might end up being the final arc. Finding a way to undo the curse, save the 4 dragons, Yona, and Soo-won, in exchange for them losing their powers.

Double-page supporter
Who cut onions here 🥲
I agree with Hak that what Sowoon did to them still unforgivable, but seeing him in his state now...
They both have different opinion and there is no chance of them to be together because of that. Maybe if Sowoon choose to marry Yona it will give better outcome, but what happened had happened. We cant cry over spilt milk, but I definitely will cry if those 5 dies 😭😭

Dex-chan lover
Nah gtfo with that bullshit Soowon. Protect the country? Help your traitorous ass?? No shot. Kinda mad Hak didn’t kill him right there, but since he (hopefully) will die either way, it’s fine I guess. Just hope there is a cure so Meiyan can live a better life and Soowon just dies before he can get it. The a-hole deserves at least that much. Never liked him since the beginning and even after all this time, I still hate him. Hopefully he doesn’t get some BS redemption or something because that would be VERY annoying.

Also if Yona gets the throne and becomes queen, would that make Hak king?:finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
Reading the other comments i want to add another thing.

Soo-won didn't kill the previous king to make Yona strong, he did for revenge and also to save the kingdom (Yona at the time was unfit to succeed her father).

During King Il reign, Kouka was losing more and more territories, at the point of being a mere fraction of what was just a generation before; also the gap between rich and poor was getting bigger and bigger to the point that you have to walk just a few streets from the imperial palace to start to see homeless and beggers.

In this chapter Soo-won specify that he searched for a valid successor (knowing he can't have an healthy heir) who had all the qualities to continue his work and make the kingdom prosper, but unfortunately only Yona matched all the requirements

Last edited:
Nope, still don't feel any pity, sympathy or empathy for Soo Won. Die a painful death, my guy.
Here, here. Totally agree... I just cannot sympathize with or redeem Suwon in any way. I understand his pov, but totally disagree.

Fed-Kun's army
Yea can't feel sympathy for this guy, at the very end everything is just his selfish wish, trying to assassinate Yona because he thinks that she's incompetent, but once she is the person that she is now he wants her to rule his kingdom, man GTFO.

Then again, considering Yona's sense of responsibility towards Kouka kingdom, I'm pretty sure she will still do what Soowon wants even if she's not doing it for his sake.

Users who are viewing this thread