Akatsuki no Yona - Ch. 251 - Divide

Dex-chan lover
There's a theory that Zeno will be the main bad guy in the end and wants to end the cycle of dragons.
Honestly, I can see that happening, especially when considering how much Zeno loved and missed the original king and the other dragons, as well as his wife.

Dex-chan lover
Well, well . . . someone thinks they can be the Praetorian Guard and pick who gets to be the king. Someone's about to find out different.

Dex-chan lover
ugh radicals or extremists whatever you call them will always choose destruction over peace
Excuse me? Those guys are neither radicals nor extremists. To the contrary, they're the establishment . . . the CIA, the Secret Service, like that. And it's that kind of establishment type that usually chooses destruction over peace.

Double-page supporter
LOL very uppity for a rando dumbass appearing in his first chapter. He practically has "dead dipsh*t" tattooed on his forehead.

That said back then, former cabinet members, relatives, and bodyguards do often get slaughtered when the king they supported dies and the new ruler cleans house. Yona isn't the type, but these dudes don't know that. They themselves probably murdered the previous king's supporters when Soowon usurped. They can spout stuff about being loyal to Soowon, but really, they're afraid of losing their jobs and their heads(and possibly the heads of their families and clansmen), which I can empathize with. They're just written to be absolutely douchey.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Excuse me? Those guys are neither radicals nor extremists. To the contrary, they're the establishment . . . the CIA, the Secret Service, like that. And it's that kind of establishment type that usually chooses destruction over peace.
I'm talking about their ideology, not position. they loudly proclaim themselves as "loyal" to soowon but will only do what they want. they act as if they're doing everything based on soowon's but they actually act as if soowon's values as trash compared to theirs. they won't even accept soowon's will where he wants yona to succeed him in his death.

Fed-Kun's army
Soo Won's followers are just plain disgusting and cowardly since chapter 1.

They threw away a princess who has lost her power and her house, and even after all the heroic deeds she had done for the country, they still threatened her in the way that they would kill her??

They're just the same as those fanatics who idolize political figures..

Double-page supporter
this is so out of nowhere... I cant feel excited with ANY anymore :( dont know if it only me.

Power Uploader
I have actually waited to see this for a long time. We were never told much about the dynamics behind the coup and had only been shown that Su-Won is clever and influential, but it makes sense that there would be other agendas there. The only questions is wether the author will play it well into the story.

Dex-chan lover
I'm talking about their ideology, not position. they loudly proclaim themselves as "loyal" to soowon but will only do what they want. they act as if they're doing everything based on soowon's but they actually act as if soowon's values as trash compared to theirs. they won't even accept soowon's will where he wants yona to succeed him in his death.
Hypocrisy is not an ideology, let alone a radical one. Neither is disloyalty, neither is grasping for power. I think I may agree with what you're thinking in your head, but what you're typing doesn't mean what you're trying to get across. But what you're typing does mean something, and the something it means, whether you intended that or not, is inaccurate (and, to people who are interested in politics or who actually hold radical ideologies, kind of annoying).

An ideology is a view about how the world works, usually combined with a moral perspective about how the world should treat people (and in some cases, how people should treat the world). A radical ideology is a view that sees the way things currently work as fundamentally bad, at the root (radix), and therefore wants to make basic, foundational changes to our society in hopes of having the world treat people better. If you don't want to change the nature of the system, you're not a radical. This also means that being a radical is almost synonymous with being an outsider. "Extremist" is a bit fuzzier, but it certainly involves holding an ideology that is far different from the prevailing norm.

So. These guys are part of the system. They are arguably traitors to the current monarch, but they only want to decide which talking head replaces the current king--they don't want to end the monarchy and put in a different form of government, or end the clan system, or anything like that. Their ideology is the default ideology of the current system, just like everyone else in this manga. They are neither radical nor extremist nor ideologues nor outsiders. They are the opposite--insiders, who think the choice of Yona as successor is too radical. Centrists, by the standards of the setting.

to put this in Korean terms this entire series is like eating sweet potatoes non stop. So goddamn frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread